Sunday, May 10, 2009

There's No Place Like Home

My DH and I had such a wonderful time in Vancouver and I hope to show you some pictures really soon, as soon as I can get DH to transfer the pictures from his laptop to my computer. But in the meantime, I had to whip together a Mother's Day card for my MIL. Oops I left town and forgot that the day after we returned would be Mother's Day. Am I bad or what?



So here's the card I whipped up today and then walked to the mailbox to mail. I definitely needed the exercise after spending all day yesterday on airplanes and in airports. The card design is from the sketch challenge this week on Stamp TV. My MIL loves the color purple so I didn't have a difficult time picking out the color. The image is from a Stampin' Up! set and the sentiment is from A Year of Flowers from Gina K. Thanks for stopping by today. I'm so glad to be back home... there's nothing like your own bed and you get really tired of eating in restaurants. My DH is grilling for dinner tonight and unfortunately it's back to work tomorrow. Here's wishing all of you a Happy Mother's Day or just a wonderful Sunday depending on where you live. I'll be back with more cards this week and pictures from our trip!

Happy inking,
Donna

5 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

Glad you had a great time,
beautiful card,
dont work to hard,
Hugs
Angie

Stef H said...

Well welcome home. YOu're so right.... there's no place like home.

For a quickie card, this is lovely. She's gonna love it. Heck, I love it.

Hugs,

Lorie said...

What a pretty card! Love the colors!

Carolyn King said...

Welcome home! This is a beautiful card AND sketch!
(Hope your tooth feels better soon---thanks for your sweet words on my blog!) Hugs!

sassyb07 said...

welcome home Donna!
Love your Mother's Day card.
I have that stamp too and I just love it. I'm sure your MIL loved the card.
hugs, Valerie
p/s miss ya lots, LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...