Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Caardvarks Challenge

I ran into the Caardvarks blog quite by accident and decided to give their challenge a try. I've started making my Christmas cards early this year and decided it would be nice to continue to make a few each month and get a head start. So I used this challenge for a Christmas card. With the girls making cards at day camp, someone gave me an entire bag of old Christmas cards. As I was going through them the other day I found several that I thought I could recycle into cute Christmas cards. So here's one of those recycled images. Here's the sketch challenge at Caardvarks in case you want to play along.



My card base is a deep red card stock with Christmas patterned paper. I layered green textured paper under the recycled image and then I stamped the different sizes of stars from Lazy Days of Summer (Gina K) to make my embellishment. There are three different layers/sizes of stars pop dotted. I thought it made a gorgeous embellishment for Christmas. Check out Caardvarks and play along. They have some gorgeous examples for this challenge!
Hope you are having a wonderful week. We're moving toward the weekend and that's always a good thing. Thanks for stopping by today!

Happy inking,

Donna

8 comments:

lauren bergold said...

welcome to CAARDVARKS--we're so happy you've come along to play!

aren't you BRILLIANT to be thinking of xmas cards already--b/c the season will be UPON US in no time, won't it?! (yikes!) i love that you've used the panel from an old card...PLUS the sketch...to make a fabulous new and unique card! (awesome!) ♥

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! I absolutely love how you recycled a store bought card into something lovely and hand made!
So glad you joined us at Caardvarks!

(-: Heidi

SmilynStef said...

I'm all about recycling cards ... love that pretty tree with the cardinals. Wonderful sketch card.

Michelle Giraud said...

This is a beautiful card. Great job on the Caardvarks Sketch challenge.

sassyb07 said...

hi Donna
love the textured paper and how you've recycled another card.
hugs, Valerie

Daniela Dobson said...

Beautiful. I love that tree!!!

Arlene said...

Beautifully done - love the colors and papers - makes the card feel homey and warm for the holidays.

Nathalia Castellon said...

I am SO ready for winter! Especially after seeing such a beautiful holiday scene on your card. Well done! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...