Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Inspirational Card Sketch Challenge

Happy Wednesday everyone. The week is on the down swing. Can you tell I live for the weekends? LOL! Yesterday I had the most amazing day. In the morning a friend emailed me and told me to check the Inspirational Card Sketch blog and I found I had won last weeks sketch challenge with this card. I won three digital stamps from Squigglefly.com. So my day was off to a wonderful start. Then in the afternoon, I got a notice that I had won a color challenge on Stamp TV. For that win I got a free Gina K stamp set of my choice. Here is my winning card! So Tuesday was the best day of my week!

But this is Wednesday and you want to see my latest card, right? Well, wait no longer. I used this week's Inspirational Sketch Challenge for this card. There's a wonderful prize with this sketch too.


This card uses the Gina K Lazy Days of Summer stamp set and the background paper from the summer stamp kit from Gina K. I had forgotten about these papers and I love the colors. After placing the papers according to the sketch I ran the background through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. I pop dotted the images after punching them with a scalloped punch and added baby blue Stickles to the images and black Stickles to the capital letters. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out.

On to the rest of the week. Thanks for stopping by. Come back and see me soon.

Happy inking,

11 comments:

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Congrats on the wins Donna! Sounds like a good week to me! Lovely cards, all of them!

Lilacanglia said...

Congratulations Donna,
I am so glad you won,
Love this card,
nice bright and cheery,
Hugs
Angie

Vicky said...

Fun summery card. Great take on the sketch, thanks for playing along at ICS. :)

Dawn♥ said...

Woohoo Congrat's Donna on your wins! :)
Girl this card is sooo adorable, love those sweet images. Fun fabulous paper to. Love the embossing. Have a wonderful day dear! Thanks for playing! :)
♥Dawn♥
Owner of ICS

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful card
Thanks for joining in with the ICS This week:)x
`Congrats`:)x

Theresa Momber said...

Wow! What a wonderful display of the Lime Rickey papers. Love this card! Congrats on your wins! I don't get out into blogland very often these days, so, please, let me know when you post your first Happy Camper card. I know I'll see it at STV, but I still want to come see it here on your blog.

Hugs,
Theresa

Regina said...

Congrats on the wins! Fabulous card! I love the images and the papers! Thanks for playing along at ICS

Fink said...

Just love the embossed dots on the pattern paper! I like how you broke up the center pieces into squares as well! Great job

wendipooh13 said...

what a great card for the season!!! love how fun and summery it is!! great job with the IC sketch this week!!!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Waht a bright and fun card! I love our papers and the way you changed up the center of the sketch.

Thanks for playing along this week at ICS!

Michele Roos said...

Such a fabulous card. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...