Sunday, August 16, 2009

MM Sketch Challenge #14

It's Midnight Madness time again! The MM Sketch Challenge #14 was my objective for today. And here's my card.

I very seldom use orange on my card so this was a departure for me. I actually started with the turtle ribbon and the image which is a digital image from Squigglefly. Isn't that turtle the cutest thing? After I colored the green on the turtle, orange just seemed to be the color that made it stand out. I used my Argyle Cuttlebug embossing folder for the orange background. The scalloped edging was done with a Martha Stewart punch and I added the little flowers as per the sketch in the corners. Hope you like my card!
Happy Sunday! Have a wonderful week. Hope it's a great one for you.

Happy inking
,


6 comments:

Carolyn said...

Aw, what a sweet and happy turtle! Very nice on the border punch, and I just love that dry embossing in the background! Thank you so much for playing with us at the MMSC this week. We love having you and hope that you will join us in the fun again next week.

Carolyn, MMSC DT

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Donna, What a terrific cute turtle! That matching ribbon is just so cute. The textures are great too :) Thanks for using our sketch to create such a fun card. We hope to see you at the next sketch, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

Priscilla said...

How cute is that little guy :) Love the colors and the take on the sketch. Well done :) Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge and if you have not done so yet, please stop by my blog for the New Blog Candy give a way exclusive to people with blogs.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Sue McMahon said...

Donna, your colors are so bright and cheerful! Wonderful take on this weeks sketch!

Not sure if you knew or not, but if you have my McMahon Five Designs store logo on your sidebar and your name is drawn for the Bonus Prize this week you get even MORE freebies! :)

Have a great day!
Sue
MMDT Member

Lilacanglia said...

Awww Donna,
He is so cute, or she lol,
Hugs
Angie

Betty Benton said...

What a cute little turtle!! Precious card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...