Sunday, November 8, 2009

Cuttlebug Be Inspired #56

With the holidays fast approaching lots of challenges are asking for creations that deal with Thanksgiving and Christmas. This week the Cuttlebug Challenge #56 is looking at Thanksgiving and our mission (and I chose to accept it! LOL!) was to create a Thanksgiving project. So I made these turkey boxes that I filled with candy corn. I cut the feathers from a template that I drew and then ran them through the Cuttlebug with the Herringbone embossing folder. It gave the feathers a distressed look. I also used the Diamond Plate folder for the turkeys body to give it a ruffled effect.

Check out the goggle eyes. I found these at Hobby Lobby. They have little eye lashes on them and the irises are colored. Hard to tell from the picture but one turkey has red eyes and the other has blue eyes. I'd never seen these before and I thought they were so cute!


Here's a better picture of the box but you can't see the candy corn that's in it. It's a very easy box fold. The card stock was cut at 7 inches square, scored at 2 inches on each side. Cut the opposite sides, and assemble the box with sticky strip. I also covered the side with the green paper to give it a bit more strength.

I hope you like my Thanksgiving project. I had such fun making it. These cuties will be gracing my table throughout the holiday season. Thanks for stopping in today and have a wonderful week!

Happy inking,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya Donna:)
I love your beautiful project very `tweet`
Thanks for joning us at the Cuuttlebug Challenges..
Enjoy your week
terrie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Shantaie said...

Now those are some darling turkeys!!! fabulous project!

Thanks for playing along at cuttlebug challenge blog!

Christine Meyer said...

These are awesome! You should enter them at practical scrappers this week too! The challenge is open until friday at 5:00. www.practicalscrappers.com

Maggie Lamarre said...

wow the turkey is so cute :)
Thanks
Maggie
Http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
http://cuttingabove.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...