Saturday, January 23, 2010

Getting Organized for 2010

Happy Saturday, ya'll. Are you following all the blog entries about CHA? Sounds like everyone is having a wonderful time out in CA checking out all the newest craft goodies. Wish I were there. Sounds like such fun!

Today I finished a project that I was working on to send to me son for his birthday. He moved away last June and could never remember when people had a birthday so I made him this organizer to help him remember everyone's birthday's. The first set of pictures are the months and who has a birthday in each of them.

For each month I cut card stock (4 1/8 by 6 1/8) to fit in my little organizer (picture below) and used scraps of patterned paper to decorate the card stock. I printed the month sheets in Word on my computer. If you'd like to have the Word document just email me.

Some months I decorated more then others by using embellishments, but since my organizer is rather thin I couldn't do that on all of them. I used punches and decorative scissors to make the edges more festive. Some are hard to see by the pictures I took.


And last but not least, here is the organizer that I made. You can find the instructions on Stamp TV. Gina K did a video of how to make this box and the template is here. After you go to the freebies page you may have to search for memory Keeper.



So this project is actually for two challenges. The first one is at Kaboodle Blog. Challenge #22 is Anything but a Card challenge. I love stretching my imagination to see what else I can make with paper. The second challenge is from the Making Greeting Cards Yahoo group. The challenge was to use scraps and I do have to say my pile of patterned paper scraps has decreased after this project.

Since my DH is off camping this weekend at the Winter Rendezvous, I have a scrapping weekend. I'm off to see what else I can make. Stay tuned, I'll probably be back with more eye candy this weekend! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

Warm winter hugs,

7 comments:

Jill said...

What a great organiser Donna, think I need one of those! Thanks for joining in the fun at Kaboodle Doodles this week. Jill

Unknown said...

What a fantastic idea - no excuses for him now! Thanks for joining in with the Kaboodledoodle challenge.

Lilacanglia said...

This is fantastic Donna,
Love the colours, nice and bright,
Thanks for joining in at Kaboodle Doodles this week,
Good luck,
Hope you join us tomorrow for the new challenge,
Hugs
Angie
Have a super weekend

sassyb07 said...

What an absolutely fantastic idea Donna. It's so beautiful! Looks like you had lots of fun putting it together too. I'm sure your son will love it!....hugs, Valerie
p/s I'd love the word document

Stef H said...

this is fantastic! and the case is stunning. great job.

i would love the word doc too!

hugs :)

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is beautiful and such a great idea. Thanks for playing along at Kaboodle Doodles. Hope to see you back for the next challenge. Marianne x

Diana Queen said...

Donna...a gorgeous project! I know your son will appreciate this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...