Monday, January 25, 2010

I Stink Your Sweet Tutorial

Over this past weekend I worked on the boxes that I'll give my co-workers for Valentine's Day, filled with something chocolate, of course! And this is the box I showed in an earlier post that I did for a workshop for Girl Scouts. This time I made them in batch.

I thought I'd share the tutorial with you that I did for the workshop. I used one of the images from Stampin' Up!'s Pun Fun. The little skunk is so cute. This time I paper pieced the skunk instead of coloring him like I did in the tutorial.

I orignally found this idea at Beate John's Fresh and Fun blog. Scroll down to December 31, 2009 and you can watch a video of how to make this box. Below is the tutorial I wrote to give to the paticipants of the workshop.

Materials:
  • Red card stock cut 4 1/4 by 6 5/8 inches
  • Scoring Tool
  • 2 pieces of pink card stock: one is 1 by 2 3/8 inches; the other 7/8 by 2 1/8 inches
  • white card stock 1 1/2 inches square
  • Valentine stamps
  • Scalloped punch
  • Glue stick
  • Pop dots
  • Paper cutter or scissors
  • Ruler
Cut the red card stock to 4 1/4 by 6 5/8 inches.


Score at the one inch mark on the long side of the red card stock. Rotate the card stock 180 degrees and score again at the one inch mark.

On the short side of the card stock, score at the two (2) inch, three (3) inch, five (5) inch, and six (6) inch mark.

Cut the corners off as shown in the picture.

Snip the score lines as shown in the picture.

Fold on all the scored lines.

Apply glue to the two inner flaps as shown in the picture.

Press the back flaps of the box into the small glued flaps.

Apply glue and press the front flaps to the back flaps. Your box is made. You can embellish it whatever way you would like.

Scalloped Edge: To decorate the box, cut a piece of pink card stock measuring 1 by 2 3/8 inches. Using a scalloped edge punch, scallop on the long edge. Glue this piece to the underside of the flap.

Top of flap: Cut another piece of pink card stock measuring 7/8 by 2 1/8 inches. Stamp a sentiment on this piece of card stock and glue it to the top of the box flap.

Stamped image: Cut a square of white card stock approximately 1 1/2 inch square. Stamp desired image and color (or paper piece). Trim this stamped image if desired and adhere the square with pop dots glued to the bottom of the square only. Adhere to the box making sure the flap will tuck behind the stamped square.

Fill the box with your favorite sweet treat!

That was probably my longest post ever! Hope you enjoyed my tutorial. If you have any questions don't hesitate to email me. I'm happy to help out. Hope you have a terriffic week. Come back and see me soon!

Warm Winter Hugs,


2 comments:

sassyb07 said...

thanks so much for the tutorial Donna!
hugs, Valerie

Lilacanglia said...

wow, great tutorial Donna,
Thank You for sharing,
Hugs
Angie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...