Sunday, January 31, 2010

Vintage Valentine for Cuttlebug Challenge #68

Just a short post tonight. I have a bunch of stuff to do before I get to drop into bed. I actually had a little time to create today and I wanted to participate in the Cuttlebug Challenge #68. The mission this week (should you choose to accept it, you have until Tuesday evening for a great prize!) is to make a vintage Valentine. I'm not much of a vintage-type person so this one took me out of my comfort zone but I made it through without too many problems. It did take me a while to decide what I wanted to do with the card.

This is what I came up with. I used a vintage poster from Ringling Brothers Circus of three women aerialists. I added my computer-generated sentiment and used the Fluer de lis shapeablities for a background. I made the checked background using a Gina K stamp set called Ribbon Stripes using my homemade Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the sections.

Here's the inside of the card using the shapeablilities once again. The sentiment is "Love doesn't make the world go round, love is what makes the ride worthwhile." The sentiment is from Gina K's called Love Notes and the set is free if you buy three other sets this month. (Just passing on a good deal. I an not employed by Gina K.)

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a fabulous week ahead. It's back to work tomorrow and to the doctor's office for an arthritis check in the afternoon. Hope to be back really soon with more fun stuff!

Warm winter hugs,

1 comment:

sassyb07 said...

great card Donna, you should come out of your comfort zone more often, LOL....love the saying too!
hugs, Valerie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...