Saturday, February 20, 2010

Easter Blessings

Happy Saturday everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I've been a bad blogger this week. It isn't that I haven't made anything. It's that I didn't post much. Today I have an Easter card for you. My first for 2010.

The card base is Gina K pure luxury card stock in lemon yellow. The crocus image is from a new Gina K set called Spring Florals. The grass is from a set called Hang in There. It's a bit difficult to see in the picture but the background is sponged with So Saffron and Lavender Lace ink. The purple wedge piece is faux stitiched and sponged with Lavender Lace. The sentiment is also from Spring Florals and punched out with the scalloped punch backed with a yellow scalloped punch. To finish it off I added the purple flower with the button center.

I made this card for several challenges:
  • Friday Sketchers: sketch challenge #90
  • Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge: what rocks your world? Flowers! I love flowers and use them often in my stamping. They remind me of my mother who grew the most beautiful flowers!
  • Cuttlebug Challenge: #71 Stitch it! I used faux stitching. My sewing machine is under our TV. Can you tell it gets lots of use? LOL!
  • Stamp TV: color challenge: yellow and purple (they go so well together!)
Hope you liked my newest creation. May your weekend be a wonderful one.

Happy inking,

5 comments:

Aud said...

Such a sweet spring card!♥

Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers this week!

Hugs,
Aud

Stef H said...

THAT is the perfect easter card. i love everything about it.

sassyb07 said...

what a pretty card Donna! the colors are pretty and I love th crocus stamp.
hugs, Valerie

Betty Wright said...

Donna, this is beautiful! Wonderful coloring and detailing! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!

Anonymous said...

`Beautiful` card
Thanks for joining in with the Cuttlebug Challenge
Terrie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...