Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Flourishes Sketch Challenge

Hello!And Happy Wednesday. If you read yesterday's post you already know that Flourishes is having a big 1 year anniversary and lots of challenges and fun prizes. So today I used the sketch from one of the challenges to make this card. I am so pleased with the way this card turned out. The sketch is definitely a keeper! Thank you Cindy!

I used Basic Grey paper from Indian Summer for the background paper and used a Martha Stewart punch to punch the border at the bottom of the card. The focal image is from one of Flourishes Calendar sets (#3 set). Isn't it beautiful? The sentiment is from a set called Classic Greetings. I'm not sure who that set was made by; I won it in a blog candy. I added the pink flower because I thought it highlighted the beautiful flower stamp.


On the inside, I again used the pink background paper from the front and the Martha Stewart border punch. The sentiment on the inside is from Inkadinkado. Stop by Flourishes and check out all the challenges and hopefully win a great set of stamps!

Thanks for stopping. May the rest of your week be as smooth as silk. Our boss proclaimed Friday as Blue Friday at the office so I can wear my Colts jersey to work! GO COLTS! See you next time!

Happy inking!

5 comments:

sassyb07 said...

you did a beautiful job on this card Donna....love it
hugs, Valerie

Meda said...

Love the greenish flowers against the darker background. The inside looks fab too!
I have just posted a tutorial about masking on my blog (specially made for you :)

DonnaMundinger said...

Hi Donna! I noticed your question on TCS about using the Cottage Cutz dies on the Cuttlebug. You do the same as for Nesties, that is A plate, C plate, die, foam side up, card stock and B plate. Works great. The dies come with foam that is not attached so you must peel off the backing and stick it to the die before you cut. On intricate dies you may want to "prime" the die by using a scrap piece of card stock first to get the die through the foam. Hope that helps. Beautiful cards you're doing! (LOVE your name, LOL, and I see we're about the same "vintage") xxD

Anonymous said...

So beautiful Donna!!
smiles,Deena

Cindy Haffner said...

Very PRETTY.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...