Sunday, February 14, 2010

Three in a Row

Happy Valentine's Day to one and all! I just got phone calls from both of my boys so I am a happy mother. My DH took me out to dinner and we had a lovely time. We went early so that we didn't get caught in the winter storm that is again approaching us! Can you say, "Enough snow already!" I am so looking forward to spring.

We painted a bedroom yesterday and started discussing the next project over dinner tonight. Some much needed repairs to the house in the works! Today I was looking forward to a mini vacation we will be taking in mid-March. We will be flying on an airplane with a couple other relatives. One is my husband's six-year-old nephew and I saw a Tic Tac Toe board one someone's blog that I thought would be fun to make for the trip to keep DH's nephew busy on the plane, at least for a little while. If you are the person who had the original idea, please feel free to contact me and I'll give you credit. After I saw it I forgot to mark down where I saw it and couldn't find it again.

So this is an Altoids box that I decorated. I used my Cuttlebug Alphabet to cut the letters for Tic Tac Toe and then used some little images from the Wee Tees stamp set from Gina K to give it an on-the-go look; like a travel game. I'm entering this into the Little Paper Shop challenge. The challenge was to use red, white, and black.

Here's a side view of the box and below is an inside view. I used the see-through little rocks that you often use in the bottom of an aquarium. I made X's and O's and fixed them to the rocks and then added a piece of magnet to the back of each one.

I drew a grid on the inside of the box because adding paper would have been too much for the magnets to stick. So you can store the playing pieces inside and not lose them. Great fun to make . Hope you like it.

Well, we're at the start of another week. Hope your weather is warmer and drier than ours. May your week be blessed with all good things. Take care!

3 comments:

Lagene said...

Very cute ieda!!! I'm going to make 4 for my grandchildren!!!

sassyb07 said...

what a great idea Donna! really very cool.
and I'm so glad I'm not alone in forgetting where I got some either ideas or freebies, LOL!
hugs, Valerie

Loz said...

fab idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...