Wednesday, July 28, 2010

JustRite Book

Happy hump day! Half way through the week. Yippee! I've worked two nights on this new project. I really like how it turned out.

I made this book for the Cuttlebug Spot challenge. The challenge was to make a mini book. And I combined it with the challenge from JustRite stamps. Their challenge was titled "A Picture's Worth a Thousand Words." My picture was taken at sunset off Big Pine Key, Florida when we visited this spring for my father-in-law's 80th birthday. I'm going to add some additional pictures of the trip to remind him of his big day, so it's a mini-scrapbook for him.
All stamps used in the scrapbook was from JustRite Kaleidoscope stamp set. I embossed the stamp for the cover with Winter Wonderland embossing powder and the sentiment was embossed in gold. The background paper is embossed with the Swiss Dots folder. The cover was embellished with the brown 3mm self-adhesive rhinestones.

Here are the pages in the book.




Pertinent info:
Stamp set: JustRite Kaleidoscope Stamps
Ink: Versamark, Stampin' Up! So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Pink Passion
Embossing Powder: Gold, Winter Wonderland
Spellbinders Circle Nestabilities
Background Paper: Basic Grey Indian Summer
Embellishments: 3mm Rhinestones and Pearls
Embossing folders: Victoria and Swiss Dots

Hope you enjoyed my little gift for my father-in-law.  I need to come up with something special for my in-laws 60th wedding anniversary in September. If you have any ideas please leave me a comment. I'd so appreciate it! Have a great end to your week!

Donna

9 comments:

Lorie said...

My goodness...that is LOVELY! Great job!

sassyb07 said...

Donna, this is beautiful. I love the sunset....really gorgeous!
I'm going to check out some blogs that use cuttlebugs...
hugs, Valerie

Lilacanglia said...

wowsers, this is beautiful,
Hugs
Angie

Sheri said...

Gorgeous pic! The kaleidoscope stamp is perfect!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful book. Love the semi-circle frames throughout.

Jessica Ying said...

following you now...come and become a follower of my blog too.

It's jessica from www.yoyostamping.com

peata said...

very cute mini.

Meda said...

Wow! This is awesome!
I did receive your card. But I just waited till I had time to say proper thanks. It's still in the stack that arrived during my vacation. There wasn't any stamp in it, so I will have to ask my mother.
However, thank you so much for the little gift. It's always great to receive new stamps.

Meda said...

I just had a better look at all the pictures. I really love the circle theme you have chosen for this book and the pockets are great. This way you can make a gift album for someone without having the pictures and they can use the pockets to insert their own photos.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...