Sunday, July 25, 2010

Showering You With Blessings

Happy Sunday! I hope it's a cooler one for you than it is here. It's been way into the 90s all week and I so would love a few cooler days, but so far this summer seems to be all about heat! LOL! Now if I didn't have to work I could enjoy the pool. Not to be.


So today I've been working on a card for a challenge at Gina K's blog. The challenge was to choose your favorite video episode and create a project using that technique. You must use Gina K stamps. So my favorite video and technique was about paper piecing. I love this technique and use it often. So using paper piecing I created this card.

The base card is Gina K Pure Luxury white card stock. I used two Gina K Designs stamp sets. The first is the current Stamp TV kit Enjoy the Sunshine. The sentiment and the parasol image is from that set.



You can see I paper pieced the parasol with Basic Grey Indian Summer designer paper. I then cut the image out with Oval Nestabilities and embossed the oval.

The second set I used is called In Stitches by Tami Mayberry. The arch stitch is stamped in VersaColor Raspberry and I added Golden Rod Stickles to the ends of each stitch. The background designer paper is a burgundy color cut with Spellbinders Frameabilities Scalloped Edge Frame. I didn't use the entire frame. The second background paper is from Basic Grey Indian Summer and cut from the second frame in the same Spellbinders set.

The sentiment is stamped in VersaColor Raspberry ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder. To finish it all off I added three gold Prima roses. Check out Gina's videos. There are tons to watch and they are all very helpful in learning new techniques or getting ideas!

This card also works for a couple other challenges:
Thanks for stopping by today. I really like the way my card turned out and hope you do too. Have a wonderful start to your week!

Inky hugs,
Donna

8 comments:

Peggy said...

Very pretty. I love the paper piecing on it. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Giovana said...

Very pretty Donna!!

Jackie Randolph said...

Absolutely gorgeous Donna!! I love the paper piecing and beautiful layout for your card. Thanks for playing along with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

kinderdi said...

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing the inspiration!

Corina Stewart said...

Donna your card is lovely and thank you for your lovely comments

sassyb07 said...

an absolutely beautiful card Donna
hugs, Valerie

Cindy Groh said...

Fabulous card. WTG!!

Kristen said...

Great card! I Love the sketch and the papers you used! Thanks for playing in this weeks challenge at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...