Sunday, September 26, 2010

Thank You's to Alzheimer's Caregivers

My second post for today is for a special friend. I've been a fan of Carolyn King for a long time and I am so fortunate that she's befriended me and visits my blog. I feel so honored  when she visits. Today she has posted a special project for Alzheimer's caregivers. Several years ago Carolyn's grandmother passed away from this terrible disease and since, Carolyn has drawn two stamp sets that the proceeds went to Alzheimer's research and in September 2008 and again this year she is sponsoring a call to thank Alzheimer's caregivers. All you need to do is make a thank you card and send it to an Alzheimer's caregiver. All the details are on Carolyn's blog. And as an incentive, Carolyn has enlisted a large number of companies and individuals who are giving gifts to a random winner. The gifts total over $1,000. One entry per person but you can make as many cards as you'd like. Here's my card.

My card is made with Clear Dollar Stamps: Loving Lamb and Diamond Circle Background. I used Spellbinder rectangle and scalloped rectangle Nestabilities. The image is colored with pencils and shaded with Bashful Blue dye ink. I used Outline Stickers to outline the background. The circles on the background are filled with pink self-adhesive rhinestones. My card will be sent to the address that Carolyn gives in her post. Please take a minute and read Carolyn's post and then take a minute to send a card.

Thanks for stopping for my second post today. This is a busy week for me but I'm hoping to make a few posts this week. I hope you have a wonderful week!

Donna

3 comments:

flowerdisco said...

Hi Donna... I am finally getting around. I am very excited and want to take the opportunity to thank you for welcoming me to the team.
Congratulations to you too.

Lorie said...

This is great Donna!

B said...

What a fabulous card! This is sure to bring a smile to a caretaker's face! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...