Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year, New Cuttlebug Spot Challenge

Welcome to the first challenge for 2011 from The Cuttlebug Spot. This week your challenge is to create a project from a book. The book I chose was The Secret Garden.

If you've never read the book, it's about a little girl who comes to live with a distant relative after the death of her parents. She discovers a garden that hasn't been tended to for a long time. In reclaiming the garden she reclaims her life and finds love. So I tried to imagine what the garden might look like. Here's my project.

This card uses my Christmas present, my new Cricut. I used the George Alphabet and Basic Shapes and the Paper Lace cartridges to create the flowers and then put them through the Cuttlebug to give them texture. I used the D'vine Swirls and Swiss Dots embossing folders for the flowers. I used the Victoria folder for the background. The sentiment is also cur with my Cricut. I'm so excited about my new toy.
Check out the Cuttlebug Spot challenge this week. I'm sure that the design team has gone all out for this one. You can find their links from the Cuttlebug Spot or from the right side of my blog. I'd love to see what you would create for this challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you are having a wonderful week!

Donna

8 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Fantastic card!!!!m I wanta play with my Cricut but it hasn't arrived yet! I won the Gyspy so bout a cricut hehe. This will be great for cards and scrap booking

Jannie said...

Congratulations on your Cricut you lucky girl!!

And what a great inspiration you have taken from the book, the story sounds amazing and although I am not much of a reader, I was nearly tempted to read it!

love
Jannie

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh I just love that book and your card is a perfect interpretation. Nice to see lots of Cuttlebug, too! xxD

GiuliaG. said...

Beautiful card, Donna...I love the colors...so vibrant.

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Fantastic card Donna,
loving all the happy flowers and the colors
Claudia

flowerdisco said...

i think i watched the movie or some similar.

your color combo looks so very nice :)

Brenda said...

Very Pretty card Donna! And congrats on your new Cricut.

Lorie said...

LOVE it! Have fun with that Cricut!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...