Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Have a ducky birthday!

This card is such a departure of what I usually create. But Joan's Garden Challenge this week really pushed me beyond my usual projects. The requirements were:
  • colors: orange, red and green
  • use die cut circles
  • use designer paper with lines
  • use a bird or something from nature
These are really bold colors and I normally tend to pastels or cool colors. I hope my aunt likes her birthday card.

The other challenge that this card is for is the Clearly Inspired Challenge. The challenge is to bring on the bling. I used self-adhesive rhinestones and Eucalyptus and Ruby Slippers Stickles. The image is from Clear Dollar Stamps called Goose Hugs. The sentiment is from Gina K Enjoy the Sunshine. Try something with bold colors and push yourself.


4 comments:

Cassie said...

Hey Donna! That image is so great, and I love your layout! Great use of bling too. . .so glad you played along with CIC26 :D

Linda Anderson said...

Hi Donna. What a super cute card!!! Thanks for joining us at the Clearly Inspired Challenge.

I also wanted to congratulate you, you are a winner of our Clear Dollar Stamps blog hop!!! Be sure and email Lori (lori@cleardollarstamps.com) to claim your prize!

Linda

sassyb07 said...

hi Donna
I've been absent for a while but am back now!
I've had a peek at all of your great cards.....love them! You've been a busy lady, LOL!
hugs, Valerie

Christi said...

What an adorable card! I just love those geese! Thank you so much for joining us at the CIC this week! I hope to see you next time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...