Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Metallic Years

I hope you didn't think that I fell into a black hole. My last week was consumed with Girl Scout Day Camp and I am still working on remnants of the week: making thank you cards for all the resource people who came to help. We had about 215 girls at camp this year; down from our almost 300 from last year. But those who came were happy campers. The weather wasn't too bad. A little rain on Friday but we made it through.

I do have a card for you tonight. It didn't photograph well because of the metallic piece in the background. That really is the inner seal to a can of peanuts and I sent it through my Cuttlebug with the argyle embossing folder.





I can't remember where I got the vintage image of the woman golfer but the sentiment, both inside and out is from Marlene at Disguised as a Grown-up. The inside reads: Silver in your hair, gold in your mouth, lead in your ass. I love Marlene's sense of humor. This card is my sister's birthday card. She golfs several times a week and is older than I am, hence the vintage look. I thought the embossed peanut seal looked like a golf ball.

Thanks for hanging in with me. I'm hoping to have more time to create here in the new future.  I do have jury duty during July and I have 2 conferences for work that I don't think I'll be able to get Internet at. Five days in Atlanta without Internet. Oh my. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Donna

6 comments:

Marlene said...

Ha ha ha! Love the card! So glad you used the sentiment!

Stef H said...

how fun and fabulous. love the metal and that image is fantastic.

hope you have nice weather there, it's been fabulous here... and thank you for your continued prayers. they really seem to be working!

hugs :)

Lorie said...

Hi Donna! I was about to check on you so thank you for the update. I'm glad things are good with you! You card is super fun!

Rosie Guiher said...

Great card Donna and i love the sentiment,lol.

JustYolie said...

Great way to recycle, wonderful card. :)

sassyb07 said...

great card Donna, love the effect
hugs, Valerie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...