Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Beauty For You

Happy Thursday! I've been kind of impatient all day today. We haven't heard from my son Steve who flew to Austria yesterday.He should have arrived by 8:30am this morning. I'm sure he must have been very tired after 14 hours of traveling. We are just praying that everything is going okay. There's a six hour difference so it might be tough to get both of us at a good time. Hopefully on the weekend we'll get a chance to talk with him. I've got my Skype fired up.

My card tonight is one that I am really pleased with. Everything just fell into place with this card.

I love Spellbinders dies and I used the Lattice Pendant and one of the Scalloped Circles. The flower image is from Flourished Calendar Flowers and the sentiment is from Flourishes Strawberries. I embossed the background with the Victoria embossing folder. I added some lace and 3 self-adhesive pearls. Both the image and sentiment are popped up with pop-dots. I'm entering this card into several challenges:
Thanks for stopping by. We are making a run into Cincinnati tomorrow to help my DH's parents with some chores. Have to come back Saturday night. I do have to work on Monday morning so I won't see a three-day weekend. If you are in the US I hope you enjoy your three-day weekend. Stay Safe. Thanks for stopping by.


12 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh, that is a lovely card Donna! The time difference is so hard for the person traveling. I hope you'll hear from your son soon!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful colouring and the pendant is such a fabulous frame! Wonderful card!

Designing with Debbie said...

Pretty card. I love your lace. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week.

Cindy Haffner said...

Such a BEAUTY!!~

Winnie and Patty said...

This is beautiful. I love the flower image! Wonderful card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge.

Janeen said...

Don't you just love it when that happens and it all fell beautifully together. Thanks for entering your work into the challenge with Speed the Cat. I do hope your son will be in touch with you soon. And what a beautiful place for him to be.

Carol Hurlock said...

This is just awesome. What a beautiful image so wonderfully colored. Your layout and lace look awesome. Thank you so much for playing along with Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge. It is a pleasure to visit to see what you made us. Good luck in the drawing. Hope to see you play next week.

Bear Hugs,
Carol

Sandy said...

beautiful card love the colors

ddazzled71 said...

What a fabulously sweet and pretty in pink creation. Thanks so much for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays this week.

Danie - PTT Design Team.

Theresa said...

What an absolutely lovely card. I love the lace background.

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply beautiful Donna! Love your bingo choice and design! thank you for playing the FTTC with us..hugs ~S~

Betty Wright said...

Donna, this is beautiful! Love the layered framing, coloring, and detailing1 Lovely card! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes Bingo Challenge this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...