Monday, November 7, 2011

So Grateful!

Well, it's Monday and I had to take the day off because I wasn't feel very good today. I am feeling some better this afternoon but don't feel 100%. So while I was sitting around I took some time to play. Here's a Fall/Thanksgiving card that I made. I was playing with making double embossed backgrounds. This one still isn't perfect but it was better than my other try at it.

First I embossed the background with the D'vine Swirls embossing folder in my Cuttlebug and then used irredescent ice embossing powder to heat emboss the swirls. I used a brayer lightly on the raised sections and then covered with the embossing powder. Can you see the sparkle? Maybe this veiw will bring that out more.

The wreath image is from Designed 2 Delight and paper pieced with Basic Grey Indian Summer. The sentiment is from Glitterbabe Greetings. And I actually finished the inside this time. So many cards I don't finifh the inside and when I need them in a hurry they aren't ready. But this one is set to go.

I'm entering this in a couple challenges:
That's it for me today. I'm going to go take a nap and check up on making dinner. It's getting to be that time of the day. Hope the start to your week was a winner. Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Barbara Colbert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marlene said...

Love the embossing! Hope you're feeling better, Donna.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, too, for visiting my blog. :)

Barbara Colbert said...

Will try leaving this message again withOUT the typo!!! What a lovely card...both inside and outside!!! Thanks for playing at Speedy the Cat's Challenge! Good luck!!

Kerry said...

Great card, hope you feel better soon. Thanks for joining us at the Cuttlebug Spot.

dstandard said...

What a lovely card - great job with the embossing! Thanks for playing at Designed 2 Delight!

Brenda said...

Very lovely card Donna!! I love the embossing.:) Thank you for playing along with us this week at Speedy The Cat's Friends Challenge.

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful card, I love the embossed background!! Thanks for playing along with us at Designed 2 Delight!

Faith S. said...

I just love the embossing! And the paper piecing is beautiful! Wonderful card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...