Saturday, January 21, 2012

I Ruff You

Don't faint that I am posting on a Saturday! I haven't done that in quite some time. But a nasty ice storm came through last night and changed a few plans for today. I was supposed to drive to Plainfield, Indiana to a special Girl Scout training. I was taking a couple classes this morning and giving two classes this afternoon. The ice stopped my trek this morning but I did go up this afternoon to teach my classes. So I took the morning hours to make a few cards. The roads still aren't very good around here but tomorrow it supposed to get up to 52 degrees so the ice should disappear tomorrow. Tom (my DH) went to help out with a Boy Scout camp out this morning and thought he'd only be there for the day. But I got a text that he's stuck there for the night. So I'm missing my other half tonight. It also means that I'll have to get up at 5:30 a.m. to take my daughter to work. Bummer! Cold, ice and 5:30 a.m.

Anyway, on to my cards. The first card I made with a sketch from Sketches by Carly. My friend, Lori introduced me to this challenge this week and I thought I'd give it a try.

The dragon image is from Dustin Pike and the sentiment is from Create with TLC. I usually don't make get well cards ahead of time so I thought I'd turn over a new leaf for the new year. I used two Spellbinders dies: Classic Rectangles Large and Ribbon Tag Trio.

My second card today is a CAS Valentine card. Every once in a while we dog sit for some friends that we play bridge with. Their dog's name is Margo. Last year I found a stamp with a dog with a Santa hat on and I made Margo a Christmas card and sent it to her by mail. Our friends got such a kick out of it. Last night while we playing bridge at their house I remembered the card and thought I should make a Valentine for Margo. Margo is a totally black dog and a rather big dog too so the image isn't quite accurate but I did think it was totally adorable!

The dog image is from Tiddly Inks and the sentiment (which is perfect for this!) I found but can't remember where it came from. If this is one of yours please let me know so I can give you credit. I made the baker's twine. I made this card for a couple of challenges:
I hoping to find more time tomorrow to play. I love these kinds of weekends. But I do have to get everything done tomorrow that I didn't get done today: laundry, grocery shopping, meal planning, and generally getting ready to go back to work for the week (bummer!). Hope your weekend is progressing as you want it to! Happy Sunday to you. I'm rooting for the Giants and Eli.



5 comments:

Lorie said...

Donna...I love your cards! I'm so glad you got to play along with us at Sketches by Carly...you did a great job! I love that little doggie too! Glad you were able to make part of your plans today!

Kristine said...

Awww, both are soo adorable!! Love the bright fun colors on your SBC card.. and the perfect sentiment too! Thanks so much for playing at SKETCHES BY CARLY!!

~Kris n' Carly
SBC Design Team

Greta said...

Adorable black & white card! Love that puppy dog!

Jaclyn Miller said...

What a cutie pie! Thank you so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.

Julie said...

So stinkin cute! What a great job with Carly's sketch. So glad you played along with us at Sketches by Carly
Hugs,
Julie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...