Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sentimental Sunday

Happy Sunday! Doodle Pantry is sponsoring the new challenge this week at Sentimental Sunday. The challenge this week is "Show me your spots!" Of course for this challenge you also need a sentiment on the front of your card. I used a set from the Doodle Pantry new release called Quirky Elephant.

I used the Paper Players sketch from last week but too late to join in their challenge. But I thought the sketch was adorable. The "It's Your Day" sentiment, images and dotted paper are all from the Quirky Elephant set. I used the Swiss Dots folder to emboss the solid blue sheet. Now this birthday card is just up my alley. When Tom and I were first married and his nephews were much younger, Tom's Dad asked one of the boys, "Who likes peanuts?" And he answered, "Elephants and Aunt Donna." Okay I do confess, I'd have a tough time getting through the day without nuts, chocolate and cheese. So I really love this set. Do you think I have enough spots on it? LOL! I hope you will pop over and check out the challenge at Sentimental Sunday and join in the fun!
I hope the rest of your weekend is wonderful!

Hugs,
Donna

14 comments:

Lorie said...

What a fun birthday card! Love it!

Elizabeth Hart said...

So cute - just love that image and the little peanuts you added are adorable!

Glenda Atkins said...

Love all those spots:O) Wonderful birthday card for all those peanut lovers out there!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

How sweet is this card- love the dots and the fun image + peanuts.

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Thank you for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays. We really enjoyed having you and your card was amazingly beautiful!!

Hugs,
Calypso

Dawn Frost said...

I love all your dots Donna! I'm also with you I need something like nuts, chocolate or cheese everyday, lol!

SAMARA said...

Hi Donna:
This is SOOOO adorable. I just love the elephant. He looks SO cuddleable!

Sarah said...

Absolutely love ALL the spots and dots you have here!!! Very cute birthday card!

AllisonG said...

This is a great sketch layout you used and I love all your spots and dots!

Linda Anderson said...

Pure sweetness Donna!!!! What a cutie of an elephant! Love it.

Linda

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I LOVE this card and I enjoyed your little story. I saw those are all fun, healthy things to eat.

Kathy W. said...

Oh this is so cute! Love the design =)

Barb said...

Awwww love it!! Polka dots are my favorite!

L.Wilson said...

so precious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...