Monday, August 20, 2012

Happy Monday!

I hope your weekend was spectacular! Our weather was picture perfect and we had a very nice visit with Tom's parents. So the weekend went well. I did get some play time over the weekend and made several cards so I'll have some fun things to show this week.
One of my projects last week had some butterfly cut outs from Cheery Lynn dies. And after I cut them out it occurred to me that I could use the cut out sections too. So I came up with this card.


The Thank You sentiment is a retired Stampin' Up! stamp. The background is embossed with the Victoria embossing folder. I didn't emboss the black background so I could use the faux stitching around the edges. I edged the black section with white gel pen and the white with a fine point black pen. I really like the way this card turned out!
I'm entering this card into these challenges:
  • Hiding in my Craft Room challenge: limited layers (only 2 and base doesn't count). Hiding in my Craft Room is looking for more crafters to play along. You will be so inspired by their challenges. Check it out!
  • Paper Playtime challenge: polka dots and a sentiment. You have until August 31st to play along. It's easy peasy!
Thanks for stopping by. I'll be back soon with the winner to my candy! Stay tuned!

Donna



4 comments:

Lorie said...

What a fun layout Donna! The buttflies are so pretty!

Janis Lewis said...

What a happy card! I love it. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful card Donna, love the butterfly silhouettes and the fabulous thank you sentiment design!

mum of two said...

What a lovely card! I especially love the butterflies. Thanks for playing with us at Cardz TV and Paper Playtime. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...