Thursday, November 1, 2012

You're a Classic

If you are looking for the new Doodle Pantry Release click here.

Happy Thursday! One more work day this week and I am looking forward to the weekend. I have to train for the Girl Scouts on Saturday and travel to Plainfield, IN to do it so my crafting time is cut short this weekend. But it will be okay. Our move at work has been pushed back again so they are saying maybe next Friday. It's been a very frustrating process.

You know I am partial to Doodle Pantry images and my card today is another very cool Doodle Pantry image. This card is for another brother-in-law's birthday coming up in November. I can't believe that I've been getting ahead of birthdays lately. I really hope that trend continues. LOL!

The name of this set is Hot Rod Pickup by Laurie at Doodle Pantry. I colored the truck red and black and found this wonderful digi paper by Emily Giovanni. This was free digital paper distributed by Gina K. I used a Stampin' Up! scallop punch and cut the banner pieces with a square punch. Then I used the faux stitching again to accent.

I am entering these challenges:
Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you are moving into a relaxing and crafty weekend. Sending lots of prayers to the east coast and all those affected by the hurricane.

Donna

19 comments:

Lorie said...

That is a fantastic masculine card Donna! Love it!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Grey and red - looks fantastic together on this card!!

Sharon Basel said...

Great card Donna. The hot rod looks good in red, especially with the gray papers.

Glenda Atkins said...

Love it Donna, very masculine! Wished I was ahead on my birthday cards:O)

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Wonderful...I'm partial to classic cars ...it brings back fun memories of days gone by. One request from SIL for a Christmas present is some man cards...you have reminded me of this great image which I bought last month. Thanks for the idea and inspiration.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Ps. Just went to site to find the paper but could not find it. Would you have the name of the paper or direct link?

Eret said...

Fabulous card Donna. I love the color combination. Your card looks so elegant. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Digi Makeover Challenge - hope to see you back again :)
Hugs, Eret

Pat (mspfd) said...

Fabulous masculine card. Love the vibrant colors and background papers... talk about a perfect combination!

KarinsArtScrap said...


Great card.
Thanks for join us at DigiStamps4Joy.

Greetings karin DT member

jaydee said...

Donna, I think your brother is going to really appreciate this fabulous card. Isn't amazing being ahead of the game with cards! it so rarely happens!
So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
jaydee

Unknown said...

Awesome masculine card! Thank you for joining the Digi Makeover Challenge.
Ruza ~ DT

Unknown said...

Great job with the sketch. I really like the color combo, it's a classic too! Glad you played along with the Paper Players this week!

Nance Leedy said...

Great use of the sketch and I love your faux stitching! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

Dawn Frost said...

Love your colouring and stitching Donna. Your brother-in-law is going to love it!

Glittered Paws said...

What a perfect man card - love the red on the truck and the faux stitching is awesome.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful card- I love the image too- my Dad is a car nut- this would make the perfect card for him. Love the faux stitching too. Good for you getting ahead- I should sit down and do that.....!

Unknown said...

Perfectly manly card! I love your red truck and your faux stitching!

Debbie said...

Awesome male card!! I love the red truck!!

Lorianna said...

Love this!!
Perfect male card!!
We all know how tough they are!
Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...