Sunday, February 17, 2013

VCMP Challenge #5

More VCMP! So I am back with challenge #5. I know I skipped challenge #4. I'll get back to that one in a little bit but #5 intrigued me this morning so I tried it first. The challenge from The Crooked Stamper is called the disappearing act. You were to use a 12x12 piece of designer paper to make 6 cards using OWH sketch #63. I have plenty of 12x12 paper. The most difficult part was picking which piece to use. In the end I took a piece of patterned paper from an animal patterned paper pad that I used for a bunch of Girl Scout projects. And my theme this year has been to reduce, reuse, and recycle so I decided to use critter stamps that were already stamped and colored. So my cards are not all the same which I think is technically what the challenge was meant to do: make 6 exact cards. So only two of my cards are the same because I did have a double for one of my stamped images. Since these were in my stash I don't know where they all came from. So sorry about that but if you know the image please let me know because I prefer to give credit to the artist who drew them.


The sentiment is from a Gina K stamp set and the illustrator is Theresa Momber called Hang in There. I tried to find it on the Gina K site and wasn't able to so it may be retired. The little bear image was from my stash and he's one that I don;t know the origin of.

This adorable little guy and sentiment was from a fund raiser for Katie Renz, a stamper who suddenly developed cancer and sadly she has passed away. Sorry about the photo on this one. It's a bit fuzzy.





The parrot image is a pre-colored image from Doodle Pantry called Quirky Parrot. The sentiment came from a friend who sent me some stuff. I haven't the foggiest idea where it came from. So sorry! I added a row of golden pearls.

This is the first of a couple turtles. The image and sentiment is from Doodle Pantry called Baby Sea Turtles. I popped up the sea turtle to give it some dimension.

And last but not least two other turtles I had in my stash.




These turtles I think I got in a stamped trade. I couldn't find them anywhere among my digis. I deviated from the sketch slightly in making the right panel a bit bigger than the other cards and added the fun twine accent on the left side piece. I punched a hole to tie the twine through. I love doing twine and ribbon that way. It makes it so much easier to tie!
That's it for challenge #5. I am next up with a challenge at 2pm so please stop back and play along. Can't wait for it to post! See you soon.

Donna




4 comments:

Lorie said...

Wow Donna! Look at you go! I love the variances on your cards but the overall togetherness of the set too. Fun!

Leslie Hanna said...

Oooh, nice! And my challenge was to disappear the 12x12 piece. THERE ARE NO OTHER RULES! Hey, you made 6 cards, and that's what counts, right? GREAT JOB, and thanks for playing!

Glenda Atkins said...

Wow, busy girl, loving then all Donna!
hugs
Glenda

Dawn Frost said...

Wow you've been really busy Donna! All the cards are great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...