Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekend Cards

I was able to play a little this weekend. Practiced with my Copics and got a package off to Operation Write Home. So all in all it was a good weekend. I'm going to share a couple of those cards with you today. All the images came from trades or my stash so I don't know the origins for everything.

I am trying to use up some of my 6x6 pads. These papers are from Basic Grey Lemonade papers. I embellished with some twine. This card went to OWH. Colored with Copics.
I'm entering this card into these challenges:


This is another sympathy card that I needed last week. A tough week for sympathy cards. The embossing folder is the Celtic Knot. I used some washi tape. The sentiment is from Heartfelt Creations and I used  a decorative scissors on the edges. The image is from Doodle Pantry called Daffodils and Sweet Peas Colored. Lots of layers on this card.
I am entering this card into these challenges:
We have a winter weather advisory up for all of tomorrow and into Wednesday. If you are in the line of the storm I hope you stay safe and warm. Make it an awesome Tuesday.

Hugs,
 Donna

15 comments:

Penny said...

Donna, I love your sweet image--the bears are so cute! Love the pretty papers you chose, too! Thank you for sharing this with us at TTCRD. Hope to see you again next week! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Lorie said...

Very pretty cards Donna! Bad weather again? Wow! Stay safe!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Two beautiful cards...very good job cop-ing. Good for you to get the cards sent. I really love your first card with the simple lines and wonderful texture. The second card is so pretty too and an area that is so hard for me to address...good for you!

Rosie Guiher said...

Love your first card Donna. I have made a few more cards for owh and need to finish them up.

Aim said...

Very pretty cards!! I love how the heart and bears just POP right up in the first card, and the embossing and daffodils are just beautiful on your second card!! :)

SIGNATURE FOR PAPER PLAYTIME

Thanks so much for joining the FUN at Paper Playtime this week!! :)

BIG HUGS,
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
Paper Playtime Design Team

Pat (mspfd) said...

Great work, Donna! Love your gorgeous sympathy card you creating. The washi tape looks fantastic.

Super cute thank you! What an adorable bear image.

Lucy Kelleher said...

Love your card Donna! The colors really pop and I love that you are using up your stash :) Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime!

Lucy - DT
http://love2createitall.com

Lucy Kelleher said...

Love your card Donna! The colors are so pretty and the embossed background really makes the card pop :) Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime!

Lucy - DT
http://love2createitall.com

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful, lovely cards, beautifully put together!
hugs
Glenda

Dawn Frost said...

Both cards are beautiful Donna! The embossing folder for the sympathy card is just gorgeous!

Sandra H said...

Oh this is such a pretty card thank you for joining in our challenge at Forever Friends "BEARS" good luck and hope to see you again next time DT Member Sandra H xx

Unknown said...

Love both of these cards! The bear image is just so sweet. Lovely papers too. Love the layers on the second card!

Unknown said...

The daffodil card is just beautiful. I really like that washi paper you used.

Manderly said...

Both cards are very lovely and so well done! Thank you for joining us at Forever Friends this fortnight...it is a pleasure to have you!
Manderly
xxxooo

Jenn Borjeson said...

Congratulations on your win - http://foreverfriendschallengeblog.blogspot.ie/2013/04/winner-and-forever-friends-favourite-of.html
:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...