Sunday, May 5, 2013

Happy Sunday

It has been raining non-stop all day here so I hope your Sunday weather has more sunshine in it! I don't mind the rain but I prefer it during the week when I am stuck at work than on the weekend when I could be outside. The good news: the temperatures are warmer (and at least it isn't snow!) There is always a bright spot, right? Just a side note: I was talking to my DH this morning about the rain and he said "April showers bring May flowers." Then he realized that it was already May and he said, "And Mayflowers bring furniture." (Mayflower is a moving company in our area). I thought that was very clever!

I had a chance to play this afternoon and made a card to brighten up the dreary weather. I was part of an April swap at Making Greeting Cards (A Yahoo group I belong to) and my partner got my swap materials to me kind of late. But no problems! You were to send your swap partner materials to make a card and then see what your partner could come up with. My partner, Chris from Hawaii, (no, I didn't get to meet her while I was there. She was on a different island. Bummer!) sent me all kinds of things; and I probably have enough stuff to make dozens of cards from what she sent. But this is the card I came up with today.





Chris sent me these wonderful vellum sentiments! How did she know that I love sentiments! And there were 4 pages of sentiments so I had a really difficult time deciding which to use. She also sent me this stamp set with a trio of flowers and a nice sentiment. The stamp set is from 'ditto' and seems to be part of Hampton Arts but I couldn't find a name of the set on the packaging. The paper is my own; she didn't send paper. I used a scrap of Doodle Pantry paper because I love the bright colors. I embossed the strip with the Victoria embossing folder. Then I stamped the flowers to try to match the paper and cut and embossed them with Spellbinders circles. I added the sentiment with two brads. I used sketch #3 from Operation Write Home which is where this card will be heading! Thanks Chris for all the goodies. I know there will be many more cards using all the great stuff you sent!

I am entering this card into these challenges:

Thanks for stopping by today. I have one more day to add from my Hawaii trip and intend to get to that this week. Not sure it will be today but maybe. Make it a super fantastic week and stop by again soon!

Donna

9 comments:

Stef H said...

dry but funny.. on hubby's comment. he is right tho - LOL

fabulous card. i like sentiments too and don't have enough nor do i put any inside my cards. i leave them blank. when i sold my cards people would say.... beautiful card but not the sentiment i'm looking for. when i stopped using sentiments inside i got... no sentiment????? sheesh. just can't please people.

gorgeous day today and supposed to be the same the rest of the week. puppy is having a ball... or stick - LOL

have a great week.

hugs :)

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

How clever to have a swap like that! You did a great job...a fun go-to card" you can use on many occasions according to the sentiment you use. I love sentiments to and this vellum one is so nice.

Heidi Baks said...

What a fun challenge to come up with cards from supplies of your partner! Love your bright, cheery card. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Lisa said...

Very nice touch of embossing on your card!

Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a happy card! I love the sentiment and awesome colors. Love your design.

Nana said...

Too cute. Thanks for joining us over at HIMCR.
Nana
Have a great day.
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creavtive Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
♥ HIMCR ♥DT

Debbie said...

Pretty card! I love the vellum sentiment!!

Amy White said...

Love that sentiment - great idea to print it on vellum! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!

Amber said...

Very nice card!Thank you for creating with us at Hiding in my Craft Room! ~Amber

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...