Thursday, August 22, 2013

Celebrate!

Welcome friends! I am so glad you stopped by today. The weekend is approaching and I couldn't be more thrilled. It's been a pretty good week but I am looking forward to the weekend. Tonight I have 2 cards for you. The first is the card that I made at my Copic class Tuesday evening. I really liked the finished product.

This is a LaLa Land stamp that we were given to practice coloring skin tones. Moat of the rest is paper pieced. All the pieces were cut for us. It took a while to actually color and paper piece the image. I sponged the sentiment and the writing layer with tea distress ink. The background paper is a very cool brick. Then we added the twine and the flowers and pearls. Pretty cool!
I am entering this card in the these challenges:
My second card is a real CAS card. I needed a quick birthday card.


The image and sentiment is from a retired Stampin' Up! stamp set. Colored with Bic markers. It's very difficult to see but the sentiment is double stamped with green. It looks good in real life but hard to see on the photo. I added the ribbon at the top.
I am entering these challenges:
That's it for tonight. Hope you make it an amazing Friday!

Donna

9 comments:

Debs said...

Two fabulous cards - love the sweet image on the first one.
Thanks for playing along at Cutie Pies this time.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Lisa Mensing said...

Great card. Love the stamped image. Thank you for joining Party Time Tuesdays. Hope to see you next week.

jonim52 said...

Two great cards. Love the Lala land image on the first. The CAS is adorable. Thanks for joining us at PTT.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh my gosh, your Copic coloring is fantastic. Love your cards.

Glenda Atkins said...

Love your colouring of the girl and the layered background! The CAS card is wonderful and love the little candles in the envelope image!

Stef H said...

your copics class is paying off big time. your coloring is fabulous!

love both cards tho my heart leans more towards the CAS one. you know me... the easy peasy lady - LOL.

have a great week! i think you're gonna need the a/c for the next 10 days! UGH!

hugs :)

Deonna B said...

Gorgeous image and coloring of your skin tones. Your card is fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with TTCRD.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving both of your cards- I love the coloring and shading on the girl's face- I need to work on that! Your CAS is great and a great CASE card!

Jen W. said...

That little envelope of candles is so cute! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...