Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Playing Along with OWH

You may have noticed that I was a hostess for one of the OWH challenges but being out of town most of the weekend and having a very busy week is not conducive to being able to play along with the challenges. I thought I would play this evening but my daughter called and asked me to go shopping with her so it didn't work out. But I did squeeze one in last night and one tonight. So without further ado...
This card actually uses the OWH Sunday sketch challenge:

It's a very simple card. In hind sight I wish I had embossed the brown background piece. You know what they say, hind sight is 20:20. It's a little plainer than I intended. Any suggestions what to add to give it a bit more pizzazz? Besides OWH, I am also entering this into Beccy Place challenge. The owl image is from Beccy's Place. I just love it with the sentiment and so perfect for OWH.

My second card is for VCMP Challenge #1.

I added the one inch squares in the pattern from the sketch but decided to add the heart in the middle since I used the "You melt my heart" sentiment from a Gina K stamp set. The sentiment is embossed with white embossing powder. Then I used the snowflake embossing folder over all since it was supposed to be a winter theme. I am also entering this card in Hiding in my Craftroom challenge of freestyle.

That's it for tonight but stop back tomorrow for the newest Doodle Pantry release. It's a little later than usual but it will
be worth the wait!

Donna

2 comments:

Beccy said...

I think your card is great just as it is Donna, you did a wonderful job matching the patterned paper with the colours in the image. I also like that you used nice neutral colours in the background. Well done!
Cheers,
Beccy

Glenda Atkins said...

Two wonderful creations Donna, love them both!
hugs
Glenda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...