Friday, December 6, 2013

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

Oh the weather outside is frightful! About a foot of snow frightful. Tom shoveled four inches off the driveway this morning after I left for work. My boss arrived after 8am and told us we could leave when we felt comfortable going home. I finally left work at 10am and then worked the rest of my day from home. It snowed all day long and finally quit about 7pm this evening. These pictures were taken this afternoon so this isn't the total snowfall.

This picture is taken out my front door and the next weekend is off our deck in the back yard.

I love to watch snow fall and see the gorgeous scenery covered in white. But I prefer not to have to drive in it. Hopefully by tomorrow the roads will be clearer. I need to do some grocery shopping.

I needed another quick birthday card for a coworker. So this is what I came up with quickly last night.
The cupcake was from my stash and I can't seem to find it in my files to know where I got it. The sentiment was a birthday gift from my buddy, Glitterbabe and I think it was a Stampin' Up! stamp. I used a snowflake embossing folder (since the weather forecast was calling for snow) and a Martha Stewart punch. Then added some twine and a few self-adhesive gems. I am entering this card into the Seize the Birthday challenge.
If you are in the path of this storm I hope you can stay put for the weekend. Thanks for stopping by.

Donna


4 comments:

Glenda said...

Such wonderful pictures of the winter wonderland outside your window! I love now and now that I don't have to drive in it, we seldom have snow anymore in these parts. Our seasons are changing and it just doesn't snow much here. Cute card as well! Have a happy Saturday!

Stef H said...

beautiful winter pictures but you just take it easy and be careful. we don't have snow yet (tomorrow it's expected) but the temps are in the single digits. i won't venture to guess what the wind chill temps are!

fabulous card... and yes, the stamp is stampin up!

have a great, warm and toasty weekend.

hugs :)

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Darling card and love that deep blue and purple together. I'm glad you got home safely, but it bothers me that the company would put you through it to HAVE to go to work, only to be put in danger the 2nd time sending you home.

Nancy said...

Lovely Birthday card...love that purple purple embossed strip. Thanks for joining us over at Seize the Birthday! BTW love the snow photos too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...