Thursday, January 30, 2014

Ride the Birthday Train

Happy Thursday! It's my pleasure to once more be a guest designer for the Outlawz Thursday challenge. It's such an easy challenge this week: anything goes! The field is wide open! The sponsor for January is Besties Digital Stamps by Sherri Baldy. I think the images that I had to work with this month have just been adorable! My card today is for a little girl whose birthday is coming up this weekend. Happy birthday Elaine!

Elaine's grandpa used to work on the train before retiring so when I saw this image I thought it was perfect for her. I am sure her Grampie has shared stories of the trains he loves. The image of course is a Bestie Digital Stamp. I used a Spellbinder MBossability to emboss the flowered background and then inked over it. I created the train tracks with just scraps of paper. The tag is a die cut from Clear Dollar Stamps which is no longer available. The sentiment is from Versatile Verses from Gina K.
I hope you will join us this week for another fun challenge over at the Outlawz! I am entering this card into these challenges:
Hope your day runs smoothly as we slide into the weekend. We may very well be sliding into the weekend literally. More snow and freezing rain from Thursday night into Saturday. Oh yippee! My son in Pensacola said he was at 20 degrees this morning. I am sure Flroidians don't know what to do with that kind of weather. Hope you are warm and safe.

 Donna

5 comments:

Mollie said...

Fabulous card! I LOVE your embossed/inked background - it looks amazing!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at HIMCR!!!

Stef H said...

this is adorable. those bestie girls are just fabulous. love the background!

hugs :)

Hermien said...

What a adorable card with shades of blue...
thanks for playing with us at papermakeupstamps

Hermien
dt-member

Katherine Clayton said...

Awww . . . what a super sweet card! Love your coloring . . . and your image is just too cute! Thanks for sharing and thanks for joining us over at Hiding In My Craft Room this week . . . hope to see you join us again next week. :)

Kathy HIMCR DT
UpintheNightwithKat.blogspot.com

Glenda Atkins said...

Adorable card Donna, love the Bestie image and how you have showcased it. Wonderfully done!
hugs
Glenda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...