Monday, January 6, 2014

Really Incredible

This is my second post today. I am loving being home and crafting. And incredibly I will be home another day because they have again closed the university again tomorrow because of the weather. We are well below 0 tonight and the wind chill is predicted to be -40. It just blows my mind that I have two days off work with pay. Tom is very restless and I wouldn't doubt that he doesn't take my 4 wheel drive tomorrow and go to work even if they are closed.

So another incredible thing today is that I have met one of my New Year's resolutions; at least for the first month. I told myself that I was going to try to make at least 5 Christmas cards each month so I wasn't behind in December, like I have been the last few years. So I finished 6 Christmas cards today. They are all the same but that's okay with me.

The image is from the new progressive Christmas challenge at DigiStamps4Joy. You just need to follow the directions at their site to get the first image, use it to make a project and enter the challenge and then Desire will send you the next image. I love doing these kinds of challenges. It's fun to get new images especially when they are free! I joined two sets, the image from DigiStamps4Joy and the Merry Christmas sentiment frame from JustYolie. The paper is also new to me. It's from Close to My Heart and I won it as a blog candy before Christmas. I hadn't even opened the package yet so I decided it was time. I layered all the background papers with dark gray paper. The image and sentiment was cut with Spellbinders circles and backed with scalloped circles. The red background is embossed with an embossing folder from Sizzix called Holly Swirls. And I followed through with my second New Year's resolution that I would finish the inside of the cards too. So I now have 7 Christmas cards completely ready for the 2014 Christmas season. Yeah me! Here are all the cards that I made today.

So I am entering the cards in these challenges:
Thanks for hanging with me twice today! I hope you are getting some crafting time. I am getting spoiled with being at home. I really need to retire! Stay warm out there.

Donna



7 comments:

Glenda Atkins said...

Wow, beautiful cards and great colours, wonderful start to your Christmas collection!
hugs
Glenda

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your card- a progressive challenge is tempting- if I just got an extra day off! Lucky you! I hope you make your goal- 5 cards a month- a great challenge!

Desire Fourie said...

Donna these are wonderful Christmas creations with great details. Its awesome that you made a whole set. They really look so festive. Thank you for taking the time to use this month’s free Christmas image. You have automatically qualified to receive next month’s Christmas image for free, which will be emailed to you at the beginning of February.
Hugs
Desíre
{Digistamps4Joy Christmas Challenge Co-ordinator}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Well, it's 6 degrees where in SC...which is rare. I would love to join in the challenge, but all my things are backed up for awhile during the move and I so love your card that has inspired me and also frustrates me because I can't join in....haha

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Donna, Love your card, the papers are beautiful and the sentiment candle image is gorgeous, thank you for joing us at CCAYR for our 1st challenge for 2014, and good luck with it, Kate x

wannabcre8tive said...

Wow, your cards are beautiful. I love the colors and the papers. TFS.

Desire Fourie said...

Just a quick pop in to mention that you can also enter this beautiful Christmas card over at Lisa’s Linky Party as there are some lovely prizes up for grabs each month.
{Decosse’s 12 months of Christmas Link Up}
Wishing you a wonderful relaxed weekend.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...