Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wedding Prep and More

More snow and cold today. Tomorrow it's supposed to be even colder. Right around 0 for a high tomorrow. I am beginning to feel like winter will never end and we are only in January. Okay enough complaining about the weather. I wanted to share some of things I've been doing to get ready for the wedding. We got this idea from Martha Stewart.

After we printed the post card then we got to paint them, because they are scratch off cards.

First you coat the area with rubber cement and let it dry. This will be very sticky until you paint over it. I had some blue glitter paint in my stash. Your mix one part dish washing detergent with 2 parts of paint and paint over the rubber cement. Since the letter was red underneath it took three coats of paint to cover the red. It was fun making these cards.

I do have a card for your tonight. It's a pretty easy one.
The images and sentiment is from a Simon Says stamp kit. The sentiment is kind of mix and match. There are lots of other phrases that can go with the "You Make" phrase. I love that you change things up with the same set. A Littel red and black ink and that's it. I am entering this card into the Paper Players challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you are all safe and warm. Winter will end at some point. Guess we just need to be patient. Have an awesome Thursday!

Donna

6 comments:

sassyb07 said...

just fabulous Donna!
hugs, Valerie

Stef H said...

wowza! I would NEVER attempt a scratch off card, but you definitely rocked it... and what a fabulous card! how exciting!

love the valentines. easy peasy. you know me... that's my kinda card.

yeah, we're back to the deep freeze too. I am sooooooooo sick of winter. if I could and really wanted to, i'd be moving to a warmer climate. my bones are aching. but then... i'd miss the winter, and have nothing to complain about - LOL.

stay warm, stay safe!

hugs :)

stampwithsandy said...

What a cute idea! I've never done a scratch off card but this is adorable! Thanks so much for playing along with my challenge this week at The Paper Players! And PS: I've had it with winter, too!

stampwithsandy said...

What a cute idea! I've never done a scratch off card but this is adorable! Thanks so much for playing along with my challenge this week at The Paper Players! And PS: I've had it with winter, too!

Glenda Atkins said...

Two wonderful cards and what a fab idea for the 'wedding ' one. I bet is was fun making these!
hugs
Glenda

Debbie said...

The scratch off cards are so neat!!

Your CAS card is really nice, too!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...