Sunday, February 2, 2014

Birthday Chick

Happy Super Bowl Sunday! So far the game is not going the way I was hoping for but hey, it's just a game. I was hoping that Peyton would win this one. Tomorrow is Girl Scout cookie delivery so I took the day off work to help unload the cookies for the county. We've had up to 4 semi trucks but last year they consolidated and got them all into 2 semis. I am hoping that's the case again. We are outside all day. Our temps are supposed to be below freezing but at least we will be finished before the big storm hits on Tuesday. Thank the good Lord for good weather on the day we do delivery.
My card tonight is another birthday card. I am trying to get ahead of February birthdays because there are a lot of them.

I used my Martha Stewart "punch around the page" floral tile punch. I am not very good at lining them up yet but I am getting better. I used a sentiment from Create with TLC . I just love some of her sentiments! This one stuck out for me. I added a Doodle Pantry image from the Triple Chick stamp set. I added some Penny Black chevrons to the sentiment, cut with Spellbinder's Lacy Squares. I distressed the edge around the sentiment with Tim Holtz distress ink of Squeezed Lemonade. And finally I added a few pastel green pearls in the corner.
I am entering these challenges:
Well, that's it for me today. I think I'm heading for bed early tonight so I'll be ready to work with the cookies tomorrow. The fact that I have to wear so many clothes makes it harder to move around and I'll use more energy. I hope you have a wonderful start to your new week!

Donna

13 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love the darling chick sitting on the sentiment- and the border you added. Ohhhh I have cookies to look forward to when I get back home- yummy!!!

Stef H said...

this is fabulous. would make a great easter card too.

u r very brave working out in this cold. make sure you moisturize good!!!

i'm out to play today. you know... goodwill, michaels BEFORE the crap hits tomorrow!

have a great week.

hugs :)

sgc said...

Cute birthday chick card! The super bowl game didn't go the way I wanted either! Thanks for playing in Bugaboo's challenge.

Pat (mspfd) said...

This really is a fun birthday card. Love the bright colors and wonderful border.

L.Wilson said...

Hi Donna, this is SO cute! And that is some fancy fussy cutting around those feet! You must have steady hands. I like how you layered your colors too. Thanks so much for entering Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 43!

Rosie Guiher said...

aahhh this is so cute Donna. Stay warm and safe. I seem to have lost my mojo again lol. That was one game i didn't care for either.......lol

Alljazzed2create said...

Super cute card. Love your colors and the border die..Thanks for joining us over at Sentimental Sundays.

DT Member Pam

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful! Love the 'around the card' punch, it makes a super border and the Doodle Pantry chick finishes the card off,cute,cute!
hugs
Glenda

Angela said...

birthday 'chick' *giggle* How cute is this?! Not sure if those are pastel colors, but definitely a fun birthday card for a girlfriend! Thanks for sharing your creation with us for the Sentimental Sundays Challenge Blog!

Inky hugs,
Angi
SS DT
Making Mayhem | Because Life is Messy

Dawn Frost said...

Hi Donna, great card, fantastic fussy cutting! Thanks for joining us for Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge #43 hope to see you next month!

Min said...

Great birthday chick Card!
Thanks for playing along with us this week for the Anything Goes Catch The Bug Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
Be sure to check out The Bug Blog for our new Love Challenge that starts today! We hope you’ll play along!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min: Bugaboo Asst DT Coordinator
Kaymin Kreations

CanadianScraps43 said...

Thanks so much Donna for playing along with us over at Doodle Pantry. Your card is super cute.

Lola said...

What a cute card! Thanks for using a Doodle Pantry image and for sharing with us this month. Hope to see you again next month!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...