Thursday, February 20, 2014

Only One Star

Happy Thursday! It's been a whirlwind week. I've been very busy at work and making cards at home in the evening. I have a couple of special cards to share with you. Last weekend my youngest son proposed to the love of his life on the beach at Pensacola, FL at sunset. We are so pleased. I hope they will be so happy together. But I made them both a card. I'll share one with you tonight.

This card didn't photograph very well. The stars in the background looked smudged but they really weren't. I embossed the stars with gold embossing powder on the kraft background. I used a couple of strips of paper; the blue one I embossed with the distressed lines embossing folder. The sentiment is the focus cut with a Spellbinder frame die. Then I punched the large star and added the star brads for added embellishment. The sentiment is from Ginger's House. The words are a bit fuzzy but it reads: Girls are like stars there are a million out there but only one can make your dreams come true. How fortunate to find that sentiment at just the right time.
I am entering these challenges:
Tomorrow night I'll show you the card I made for Steve's fiance. Thanks for stopping by. Yippee for Friday! Five o'clock on Friday is my favorite time of the week! Hope you can relax and enjoy the weekend.

Donna

9 comments:

Ginger said...

What a beautiful card! Thank you for using one of my sentiments in such a beautiful way!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Really love this sentiment - such a nice message. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Shelly Schmidt said...

How exciting for you- when will the wedding be? Will it be in Florida? Loving the card you made- love the background stars and the sentiment!
I nominated you for a blog award: here is the link.... http://shellymc2.blogspot.com/2014/02/belated-birthday-and-blog-award.html

Lea Lawson said...

So cute! Love the stars!!

Debbie said...

Wonderful card for your son!! I love the sentiment!!
Congrats to them!!

Chitra Nair said...

Love love love the sentiment and so true it is... Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at Sentimental Sundays!!!

Stef H said...

i LOVE stars so this is fantastic!
congrats to the kids!!!

hugs :)

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful sentiment and what a fabulous engagement card. Love the stars!
hugs
Glenda

Pat (mspfd) said...

I just love this. What a fantastic card for one's engagement. The sentiment is perfection!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...