Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sent with Love

Happy Sunday!We got a bit more snow Saturday and Sunday. Not a lot but enough to get the salt trucks out and about. Tonight we hit the deep freeze again. I am longing for spring flowers and bright colors. I think as soon as I get my Valentines finished I will be heading for more sunny cards. Today I have a valentine for my MIL who is a huge purple fan. So this one is for her!

I got this Spellbinder's die on clearance at Hobby Lobby yesterday and just had to try it out. It's a cut, fold, tick die and I didn't have any of those so I couldn't resist. I just used the biggest one on the front of the card and I used the smallest one on the inside of the card. It's hard to find a name on some of these dies but this one might be called Angle Approach. Then I stamped a small heart stamp from Simon Says Stamp Kit around the die. Added a few layers and the sentiment from Gina K Designs called Heartily Yours Additions. And finished off with a few self-adhesived gem stones. Pretty simple.
I am entering these challenges:
As the weekend winds down I wish you a wonderful week ahead. Thanks for stopping by. I hope your weather is better than ours is but I know lots of people are suffering the same fate. Take care!

Donna

8 comments:

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

It looks like a kaleidoscope! I like your placement of the little hearts along the edges.

Thanks for linking to our Valentine challenge at Cut it Up!
Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Glenda Atkins said...

OOOh do love the die cut, what a marvellous creation Donna, also really like the stamped hearts around the die!
hugs
Glenda

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a beautiful Valentine. You have inspired me to blow the dust off this die and get crafting

Stef H said...

absolutely fabulous!
see? you did good at HL. those dies scare me and as much as i love the look, it's not me. i'll leave it to you because this is just gorgeous.

yep. more deep freeze. i'm so sick of this already. oh well, just keep praying for warmer temps, i guess.

have a great week.

hugs :)

Migdalia said...

Fabulous and Super FUN!!! Great job!!
Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Donna, I love that die.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Cindy said...

What a cool card! Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

This is gorgeous! So unique and different, it really catches the eye. Thank you so much for playing with us at CIU!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...