Sunday, March 30, 2014

Die-Namics

Happy Sunday! I haven't had much time to craft this weekend but yesterday I did go to my LSS for a die class. For the cost of the die you get the die and all the class ideas and materials. The die this time was a fun one from MFT called Blueprints 3.

.With the die set we got a page of card sketches that we could use to create a card during the class. She had lost of scraps out for us to use. Here's the card I made.

I used the dies from the set to create the flowers and the bands as well as cutting the background paper to fit the 5x5 card perfectly. I don't often make this size card but I might more often with this die set. The sentiment is from a Gina K birthday sentiment set. And I used a couple other elements from the die set on the inside of the card.

I love the cute little bow in this set. Perfect to make sure your cards are flat for mailing. Some of the elements have piercing points. It's really hard to see in the pictures but the strips and the circles have the piercing on them. Lots of possibilities with this set.

I am entering these challenges:
We had a gorgeous day today. Bright sunshine but a bit chilly. Tomorrow it's supposed to be warmer. I have an orthopedic appointment tomorrow morning for my hip. I have my x-ray and MRI pictures on a disk from the hospital. Hopefully he'll be able to see something that will help.

Thanks for stopping by today. Here's hoping you have an awesome start to your week.



7 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

How fun! Love the set of dies you got with the class- and your card is so fun! Love the cute bow you added inside and the and the layout on the front too. We will be in your area later this week- daughter is running in the Indoor Track Nationals at IU Saturday... : )

Stef H said...

i love MFT dies. they cut so nicely. this card is gorgeous! i love the color combo here!

looks like spring has finally arrived! yay!

have a great week.

hugs :)

Jennifer Scull said...

what a great class to take if you not only get to make such wonderful cards as this, but also get great dies like the ones from MFT! what fun papers you have used, too.

thank you so much for joining our 'Floral Fantasy' challenge at Pile it On! we love to see you pile on the challenges! be sure to join us again next week. :)

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh my gosh, Donna, I am in love with your card. I think you just enabled me to buy this set of dies! Love the colors, your fab layout and sentiment.

BethieJ said...

FABULOUS card! I so LOVE the BluePrint Dies!!!
Thank You for joining us at PIO this week!
Have a GREAT Day!

Glenda Atkins said...

Donna this card rocks! What a great colour combo and fabulous flowers. Love it!!
hugs
Glenda

Helen said...

Fab card - love the colours!
Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
Helen x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...