Thursday, August 7, 2014

A Summer Card

I love watermelon but I'm the only one who eats it at my house so buying a whole watermelon is kind of difficult. But that's how they are cheapest. So my card tonight is a tribute to my love of watermelon. I'm going to put a birthday verse on the inside and send it to someone as a birthday card this month.

The image is Watermelon Ants from Doodle Pantry. I cut the pre-colored image with Spellbinder's Labels 13. I used paper from Doodle Pantry. The sentiment is from Gina K set called Lazy Days of Summer and embossed with black embossing powder. It may be a retired set. I used some twine as an embellishment but kept it pretty simple. I used the Tuesday Morning sketch for the card.


I am entering these challenges:
I was hoping to get more done tonight than one card but my son called and talked for more than an hour. I drop everything when my kids call. So alas my crafting time didn't happen tonight.  Maybe this weekend. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have an awesome Friday.

Donna

10 comments:

Glenda said...

I love the design of your card. Great colors and such a cute image!

Stef H said...

i like watermelon too but it's gotten expensive. those small individual ones are $4.

great card.

have a great weekend.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Donna, this is so cute! Love your sketch, colors, and, of course the adorable image! So glad you joined us for this month's DPDC#49! Have a great weekend!

Debbie said...

This is such a fun card! I really like that label!
I have 2 daughters that love watermelon so much that the rest of us are lucky to get a little piece!! LOL
Thanks so much for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Notes by Nina said...

What a great card and so fun Donna, I love this super cute image. Thank you for joining us for Tuesday Morning Sketches this week.

Melanie Smith said...

Love love love your card & watermelon too! Thank you for participating over at Through The Craft Room Door. Hope to see you again really soon. Melanie, DT

Glenda Atkins said...

Hi Donna, love your watermelon card (I have been eating loads of the juicy fruit lately- yummm). Had to look up whether it was a fruit or not lol! Apparently it's the fruit of a melon duh)) Thanks for sharing with us at the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge #49!

L.Wilson said...

Hi Donna! This is super sweet. I love that die frame, so perfect for these ants. That green is so beautiful for the background too. Thanks for entering Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 49!

Crafting Vicky said...

This is soooo adorable!!! just love it! and how sad to be the only one that likes that fabulous fruit!

Thanks for joining our monthly challenge here at Doodle Pantry challenge. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky. I have a giveaway you need to check it out at 600 followers giveaway

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Just darling. My DH and I eat it and we are sorta empty nesters and we can eat a whole one either. I slice and give it away to friends. They are most appreciative. I miss watermelon in the winter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...