Thursday, November 6, 2014

Guest Designer at Outlawz Thursday Challenge

I am honored this month to be a guest designer at the Outlawz Thursday challenge. Each of the next few Thursdays I'll have a card that follows the great challenge. Our sponsor this month is Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps. This week the challenge is to use a button or buttons. So here's my card.


I am using a Stitchy Bear image. My original thought was to use buttons for the snowman's eyes and the buttons on the coat but I would have had to blow the image up pretty big. I really love this image. I think it's adorable! As I was putting it together it brought back memories of winters when I was a little girl. My Mom would always tell us to "Button Up!" before going out the door to play. So I decided to use that on my card. I found the ribbon in my stash. The sentiment I cut out with a Spellbinder's tag. The background behind the image is embossed with the snowflake embossing folder. The image is colored with Copics. I added the buttons with a little twine tied into them as embellishments.
I hope you will join us this week for the challenge. Add a button or buttons to your project and play along with us!

I am entering these challenges:
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope your week is going well. Halfway to the weekend.

Donna

6 comments:

Stef H said...

and that's what we'll be doing by the end of the week.... buttoning up! ugh!

this is darling! stay warm!

hugs :)

jeanchaneyaz said...

It's great to have you as a guest designer over at The Outlawz. This is an adorable card and I love the story about your mom. My dad always used to say, "be careful crossing the street." It wasn't until I was an adult that I realized that he was really saying was "I love you", just like your mom :)

Karen Hasheck said...

I saw your card linked at Party Time Tuesday and had to come over to see it in more detail. Great card! I am now your newest follower and would love it if you visited my blog and became a follower too. http://karenskreativekards.blogspot.com/

verybellemakes said...

Sweet little image! Thank you for joining the Sentimental Sundays challenge, hope we'll see you again very soon.

Victoria DT

Karen Hasheck said...

I am now here as a dt member at TTCRD. Your card is super cute. Thanks for sharing it with us at Through the Craft Room Door!

Dana Joy said...

Fantastic project. Thanks for playing with us at Party Time Tuesdays!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...