Monday, December 22, 2014

Santa Pouches

I've been working today on some treats for the little ones that come to our Christmas celebration. We usually don;t buy presents for the kids of our nieces and nephews (it would cost a fortune). But I like to have something for them to open during the celebration. So I found this Santa suit made out of a paper bag at Flowerbug Inkspot's blog..

The red papers measured the width of the paper bag and the height was 3 and 3/4 inches. The black belt was 1and 1/2 by the width of the bag. The buckle I made from green glitter paper measuring 1 and 1/2 by 1 and 1/2 with a 1 by 1 inch square for the middle. I punched two small button from black paper and used a gel pen to make the light reflection.

The round tags were made from Lawn Fawn's stitched dies. I stamped a snowflake on the tag and then my sentiment and I write the name of each of the kids on their tag. I put a bag of M&M treats in each pouch tied with red and green twine.

I am entering these challenges:
Thanks for stopping by tonight. Our family mourns tonight. My MIL passed away this evening. She is now at peace and her struggles are over. She's with the Lord. Please tell someone you love them today. Have a wonderful week!

Donna

6 comments:

Glenda said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, especially right here at Christmas. Sending you hugs and prayers and Christmas wishes across the miles!

Crafting with Darcy said...

My heartfelt condolences on your loss, Donna. It is so hard to say goodbye to someone you love!
Your Santa Suit bags are just so cute!! I'm sure the little ones will enjoy the effort you put forth. Thanks for sharing with us at Through the Craft Room Door challenge!
Hugs
Darcy

Sandy Fredrick said...

Love the paper bag Santa suits, they are so cute. Condolences on the loss of you MIL. Thank you for joining us in this weeks blog challenge at SweetStamps.com.

Stef H said...

fantabulous!

i am so very sorry to hear of your MIL's passing. please know my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

wishing you a very blessed holiday season.

hugs :)

LauraEva said...

So sorry to hear about your MIL. Prayers for your family and you! Great bags. Thanks for joining us over at Hiding In My Craft Room this week!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fun gift bags for the kids- I love the fun design, and the M&M's are such a fun treat! I hope you had a fabulous Christmas. So sorry about your MIL- will keep your family in prayers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...