Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Memories Live On

More rain and a tornado warning this afternoon. I was just about to leave work when the siren went off and then spent the next half hour in the basement with several hundred other people. Guess all those practices pay off although I'm sure it took us much more time to get there today than it did during practice.
My card tonight is a card my DH asked me to make for a friend of his who retired. His buddy collects old watches so I used that image for the card.


Both the image and sentiment are from a Gina K stamp set designed by Theresa Momber called Timeless Treasures. I couldn't find the set on t he Gina K site so it might be retired. I embossed the sentiment with Tim Holtz Walnut Stain embossing powder. I stamped the watch in Momento Chocolate Chip ink. The dies I used was Spellbinder's circles, ovals and tear drop circles. I used some scraps from my scrap bos for the background papers. The image is popped off the background and I finished it off by adding the square self-adhesive gems. I used the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches.


I am entering these challenges:
Lots of storms moving through the midwest tonight and tomorrow. I hope wherever you are you are safe. Thanks for stopping by.

Donna


4 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a lovely masculine card - the sentiment is perfectly paired with the pocket watch. I love the strip of patterned paper across the middle too and the corner treatment. Thanks for joining us for our die cut challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Kris B said...

Wonderful retirement card! Great image for a watch collector! Love the warm colors and the square gems! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Stef H said...

this is fabulous. i love the image!

hugs :)

Debbie said...

Wonderful card! I love that sentiment!!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie (TMS DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Stay safe!! I'd rather have 20 ft of snow than deal with tornadoes!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...