Wednesday, May 27, 2015

It's a Wedding

Happy Wednesday! I finished the centerpieces this morning for the rehearsal dinner. I'll be sure to take a picture when we have the flowers in place so I can show you all the finished product. I'm happy with them. I had to go buy a heart punch this morning in order to finish. Tom usually buys one new tool for each big project he does so I consider this my tool for this big project. LOL! The ekSuccess punch that I bought is adjustable for three sizes of hearts. It's kind a fun and I think it will come in handy for Valentine's Day. But what I wanted to share today was the card that I made for Steve and Anne's wedding.


The colors for the wedding is navy blue and yellow. The image is From the Heart Stamps called True Love. I used a Spellbinder's Pendant die as the background. I colored the image with Copic markers and layered it up. I added three gemstones on either side of the image.  Here's the inside the the card.


I put two sentiments together. The "United in Love, United in Life" is from Beccy's Place. And the "and so the adventure begins" is from Create with TLC. I used a variety of circle dies to layer up the sentiment.

I am entering these challenges:

Well I am off to the airport to pick up one son. The other was delayed. They took his plane out of service so he is in the process of being rerouted. There is always a glitch.But as long as he arrives safe and sound I will be a happy camper. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Happy crafting!

Donna

9 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is beautiful, Donna. Can't wait tp see the pictures.

Imke said...

Very pretty card and I totally LOVE this Image. It´s so perfect for wedding and anniversary cards.

Thanks for joining our Sketch Challenge with a twist this week @ From the Heart Stamps. You did great with your 3 rhinestones.

Stephanie said...

This is fantastic, love the colors and I will have to remember the buying one new tool for a new project! :) Thanks for playing along at From The Heart Stamps.

Patricia St Martin said...

Donna, This is so gorgeous and her colors are so pretty. I love the image and the sentiment, creative way of putting 2 sentiments together. Have a great week end.
Hugs, Pat♥

Anonymous said...

This is lovely. I think it's amazing that you used their wedding colors in the card. Thanks for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the next challenge.
Sara
TTCRD DT
FP3 {My Blog}

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

This is the 4th time today I have lost a comment I have left. Very upsetting. In summary, love your wedding cards and look forward to the pictures.

Debi said...

Love yellow with navy blue. Your card is lovely. Great idea combining the two sentiments. It's perfect. Thanks for sharing this with us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge. Good luck.
Debi TT DT

Shelly Schmidt said...

How pretty- love the image and the colors- and the die is such a neat look- and really accents the image beautifully. I love how you did the sentiments- awesome! Thanks so much for joining the Tuesday Throwdown AG challenge!

Jo said...

Oh what a beautiful card, that die cut frame is gorgeous!
Thank you for joining us at From The Heart Stamps :)
Jo xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...