Monday, August 24, 2015

Pencil Me In

Happy Monday! If you are visiting me for the first time or returning, don't forget to leave a comment on my blog candy. I am celebrating my 1,000th post. I can't believe that I have posted that many times.
Since Monday is my extra day off I always think I will get lots done and I usually do around the house but just not crafting. There is always something else to take up my time. I really think I just need to retire, then I might have time for all the things I want to do. {insert smiley face here!}
I did manage to get a little bookmark done today. We only have one school-aged child in the family and he's older so I made this bookmark to give to a friends grandson who is starting kindergarten this year.

The pencil was a freebie from 2 Cute Ink and I just couldn't resist using the cute little image. There was a girl pencil and a boy pencil in the set along with a sentiment and a pencil mark. I just used the boy pencil, colored with Copics. I made the background paper by using my EK Success Paper punch after die cutting my QuickCutz tag. Then I drew in the lines with a Bic marker to resemble filler paper. I heat embossed the sentiment and added some raffia at the top. I think it turned out adorable!
I am entering these challenges:

That's it for me today. The dinner bell is ringing and I have to get a move on to have it ready on time. Later! Thanks for stopping by.

Donna

5 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

How fun is this darling image! Love the fun tabs on the side too. I see you joined in over at Sweet Stamps for the Anything but a card challenge- Thanks for joining in- we love seeing you back again!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous bookmark Donna :-) the pencil is adorable and I love the punched notebook border :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Karenladd said...

I saw this adorable bookmark on the Sweet Stamps challenge and had to come over for a closer look!

MaryH said...

This is just cute! What a treat for someone going back to school to find tucked in with the lunch box. Very appropriate for this time of year, and love the bright colors. Yay & congrats on your 1000 post. Gosh I don't even know how to count 'em. I can't seem to get to my older stuff. TFS & hugs (driveway work started this morning. Slight delay, but the contractor called us to be sure it was ok. Usually we just wait & nobody shows).

Patricia St Martin said...

WOW!!!! Girlfriend 1,000 post that is a lot. Congratulations!!! I love you adorable pencil just so cute. I know what you are talking about things never seam to get done.
Hugs, Pat♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...