Sunday, September 13, 2015

Let's Get Musical

Happy Sunday, my friends! It's very crisp this morning. Definitely a fall feel to the air but a beautiful blue sky. My kind of weather. This time last year we were preparing for my daughter's wedding. I can hardly believe that it's been an entire year already. We are taking them out to brunch later for their anniversary.
There's a new CAS challenge over at The Outlawz. This week we are using anything musical in our CAS creations. Our sponsor this month is from an anonymous donor. One lucky person will win a gift certificate to Paper Trey Ink. How cool is that!


I actually started to make a set of these. The other two colors were Picked Raspberry and Shaded Lilac. Unfortunately the sentiments didn't emboss very well so I had to scrap those two card fronts. These colors are Mowed Lawn and Salty Ocean. I inked the Musical embossing folder before embossing the card stock. Then I stamped the sentiment in several places with Versa Mark ink and then heat embossed the sentiment in black embossing powder. Finally I added a few sequins on each card for a little embellishment. Very easy and quick cards but lots of fun. I will have to redo the other colors so I have an entire set to give as a gift. You could use any kind of musical idea for this challenge: a musical sentiment, a musical instrument, designer paper, etc. You can interpret it whatever way you want. I hope you'll join us for this fun challenge.

I am entering these challenges:

Hope you Sunday is wonderful! I am off to have brunch with my daughter and son-in-law and then to watch my Colts play football. Go Colts! After that maybe a little crafting. I am thinking chili sounds good for dinner tonight. Something nice and warm to fill us up. Have a wonderful day friends!

Donna

5 comments:

*Vicki* said...

These are really fun designs!! Love the embossed musical notes and the blended colors in the background! The sequins adds a nice accent too!! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

MaryH said...

Love these colors, and what a nice gift a set of these pretties would make. RE: your Misti comment. I don't know of any 'actual store' that sells these, as I've been told Iliana does not wholesale to businesses. I read something about Simon Says or an online place like that selling them, but for more $$$ than Sweet Petunia does. And I don't think it will go on sale either. I hesitated over buying one, until I saw someone do layered flowers. I'm challenged with a stamp positioner sometimes, so to me, it's worth the cost just for that! And frequently a sentiment won't stamp as 'dark' as I want it, so easy to just re-ink it and put it right down in the exact place. Just sayin'! TFS & Have a great week.

Pam said...

Your note cards are really beautiful! I LOVE embossing folders!!! They really make cards look elegant.
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

Great this card. I like the colours.
Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination.
Good luck.
xxx Michelle (DT)

Monika Reeck said...

I love the color on your card and the note looks so stand out
great card
thanks for joining ATSM this time I am sorry for late comment
hugs,
Monika (DT Member)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...