Saturday, September 12, 2015

Lots of Glasses

Happy Saturday! Our weather has taken a fall turn this weekend but not to worry. We are supposed to be back in the 90s next week so it won't last long. Tonight we are supposed to hit 40 degrees. A definite respite from the swelter and humidity. I love fall weather! We got about a half inch of badly needed rain yesterday. And we had a lovely dinner with friends last night and then played some bridge which we haven't done in quite some time. So this weekend has been good so far. Tonight we are working in the Chik-fil-a booth at the IU football game. The proceeds are going to the Girl Scouts. It will be fun I'm sure. I haven't worked one of these in a while so I'll probably be very tired. The game doesn't even start until 8pm so it's going to be a long night. LOL!
     I did manage a card this afternoon for my SIL's birthday coming up next week. I was so good with getting birthday cards done ahead of time at the beginning of the year. I seem to have fallen behind as the year progresses.


This took me hours to do. I had a tough time with colors and paper and I just couldn't make up my mind. I'm still not sure that I am satisfied with it. But it is what it is. I used the Tuesday Morning sketch as inspiration for the card.


The image and sentiment is from an Art Impressions set called Aged to Perfection. Actually I couldn't find the name anywhere on the packaging and it took quite some time to find it on their web site. And then the picture didn't come up so I think this is the right one. I got this set at Michael's months ago with a 40% off coupon and promptly buried it on my desk. So this is the first time I am using it. LOL! I colored the image with Copics and Bic markers. I embossed the red card stock with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. The patterned paper is from Basic Grey. The drink image is from my stash and I neglected to write down where I got this one. If this looks familiar I'd be happy to give credit. I used Spellbinder's Heart Circles to die cut that image and then inked the hearts with Momento Desert Sand so the hearts would pop more from the paper. The banner is MFT Pierced Fishtail Flags inked with Shaded Lilac Distress Ink. 
I am entering these challenges:

I am excited about the new football season starting. My son and I talk football all year long but during the season we especially keep track of what's going on with our team: the Colts. They play their first game tomorrow. Go Colts! Hope you have a very special weekend. Stay tuned for more crafty things coming. All the best...

Donna

9 comments:

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at The Stamping Boutique, good luck!!! Amy DT

Sharyn Polesel said...

Well, I think you did a great job! Love the pretty colors and that stamp set is a hoot. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Notes by Nina said...

What a great card with such a fun theme, Thank you for playing along with Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

Sounds like a busy weekend!!
Haha! I'm at the age I need glasses! (though it's the other kind!)
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie (TMS DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Pam said...

Adorable card! I love the cute image and the colorful papers.
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

CraftyGirl said...

I am very glad you joined us this week at TSB. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge. :)

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
The Stamping Boutique Design Team Member

Jingle said...

This is SO cute! Totally fun! Thank you for joining us for the STAMPtember® celebration on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Krisha said...

Super cute card. I like the background papers.
I also have that stamp set....yes it is AI.....just love all of them.

Jodene said...

I love your card, and that is such a fun image! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...