Monday, July 4, 2016

Thank Yous

Happy very soggy 4th of July from Bloomington, Indiana. Our parade did go this morning but there weren't many people, either marching or watching. It definitely did rain on our parade. LOL! I'm sure there were lots of parades around the US that went off in beautiful weather, just not here in the midwest.
Last week was my last full time week at work and my boss surprised me by decorating my office with banners and a bouquet of balloons. Although they say Happy Retirement that is coming in a few months. For now I will be training my replacement until the twins are born but I'll only be in the office two days a week. (More time to craft and clean!)

One of my coworkers snapped this picture of me and the balloon bouquet. My wonderful boss took us all out to lunch at a very nice dining establishment on the university campus. I ate way too much but the chocolate cake was oh so yummy. So I needed some thank you notes to express my gratitude. I saw these thank yous made by Linda Bauwin and decided to CASE. I added a few of my own touches.


I added a black card stock layer on my white card base. My designer paper is from the Paper Studio (bought at Hobby Lobby). I used MFT Pierced Fishtail Flags to cut the white strip and then trimmed the tails that hung off the card. So it has a nice pierced look to the edges. The Thank You sentiment is one a won in a blog candy with no company attached to it. I stamped it with my MISTI and PIcked Raspberry Distress Ink. I used the Spellbinder's Heart Dies to cut the three hearts and then stacked them with Scotch Foam Tape. The designer paper was 12x12 so I go 6 cards out of the sheet.


I'm super happy with these and I'll have extras for the next time I need thank you notes. 
I am entering these challenges:

That's it for now. Wishing you sunshine, relaxation and freedom. Thank you to all the men and women who gave their lives so that we could be free. Back to crafting. I have a ton of design team projects coming up so stay tuned.

Hugs,

Donna 



4 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

The pink and black together are striking! Pretty design! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

What pretty card! I love the pink and black together and those hearts are so sweet! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

jenn shurkus said...

awesome thank you cards and happy retirement!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

cass said...


Wonderful thank you cards. Thanks for joining us at CHNS patterned Paper Challenge this month.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...