Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Rudolph Days Challenge

Happy Rudolph Day! The 25th of each month is Scrappy Mo's Rudolph Days challenge. This month I am again a guest designer. I am getting my card up a bit late today. It was very busy today. First I had to give a presentation at work (on my day off), then I had to run to the hospital to pick up my daughter to take her for errands. After that I ran back home to make dinner and wash clothes to take back to the hospital. After we ate it was back to the hospital to take dinner to Tricia and then over to their new apartment to help finish up the move. Everything is now out of the old apartment (need to clean it yet) but there are lots of boxes sitting around the new apartment that need to be emptied and put away. That's for another day. I am exhausted. But here is my Rudolph Day card.


The Santa image is from Bugaboo stamps and I colored it with Copic markers. The twinkle light designer paper is from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles and the plaid paper is from my scrap box. I die cut the image with MFT Stitched Squares and added Diamond Stickles to parts of the image. To embellish I used my snowflake punch to punch three snowflakes. I hope you will join us at The Rudolph Days Challenge between now and October 31st! 
I am entering these challenges:
That's it for me tonight. I am about ready to drop into bed before I start all over again tomorrow. Tomorrow is my second last day of work but they are holding a retirement reception for me tomorrow afternoon. Then I have to pack up my office since my husband will be coming to the reception and I can get him to help me haul it all out of the building. LOL!  I hope I get some time to craft this week but we have people coming to visit, an apartment to clean and hospital visits. But the good news is the twins are doing well and continue to gain weight. The estimated time for release is still November 11th. Still seems like a very long way away. Take care!

Donna



21 comments:

Brenda said...

This is such a fun card. I don't think you could have chosen more perfect papers. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Hummmm...I would say more than a full plate...yours is over flowing. You probably didn't just go to bed at the end of the day, but literally fell into bed. I know your daughter appreciates the apartment moving and cleaning, but can no one else help you? Wish I was there to help a little. The card is adorable. Save that sweet card for the babies...they'll love it in a few years.

Pam said...

Darling Christmas card! You can't go wrong with Bugaboo images. I love the die cut plaid and the snowflakes, and the cute Christmas light paper.
Congratulations on your retirement! Now you can be a lady of leisure, NOT! I'm sure you will be one busy little bee!
I am happy to hear the twins are gaining weight. They will be home before you know it!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful job on the sketch Donna and loving the Bugaboo image. Hope the autumn season is treating you well. Could be a heck of a lot warmer here. Oh well, love the fall season anyway!
hugs
Glenda

laurie said...

That santa is so cute! Great design.Thanks for joining us at the Christmas Card Challenges!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oooh Such a sweet adorable card I do love your Santa and the curtain border style
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Unknown said...

Great fun card. Thank you for joining us at the Anything Goes Pencil Case Challenge. Helen DT

Stef H said...

fabulous card... as always.
so glad you are finally retiring!!! you're gonna love it and you will definitely find you DO NOT have the time you thought you would.

prayers for the babies. be great if they got home for thanksgiving!
keep me posted.

hugs :

Debbie said...

Fun card! I love the papers and die cuts!
By now, I'm sure you're all through or this is your last day. Yay!! Enjoy your retirement and those sweet new grandbabies!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this fun card- and the DP punched above Santa and the snowflakes- fun all together! I do not know how you are getting stamping in with your schedule! Hope you enjoy your retirement party! And, Nov 11th will be here before you know it! Will keep you all in prayers!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I swear I thought I had left a comment. Seems like I remember smiling at the Santa and remembering the cool plaid on top as if it was a curtain while a child was looking out the window. So glad I decided to revisit.

Megan J said...

Hi Donna, a fabulous Christmas card lovely papers and image.
Congratulations on your retirement, hope you get to do more of your favourite activities and spend time with your family. Nice to hear the babies are gaining weight. Thank you for the inspiration, have a great weekend... Megan

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges and good luck!
Monica - CCC DT

Susan Powell said...

Such a fun card! Love the background paper. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

Helen said...

A great card.

Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

Helen x

Min said...

This is too cute!

Thanks so much for playing along with the Bugaboo Stamps/Catch The Bug Stella Says Sketch Challenge! We hope you'll join us again this week for our newest challenge!
Hugs & Happy Days!
Min - Bugaboo Stamps/Catch The Bug DT

MaryH said...

I don't see how you had time to make a card, and definitely not such a pretty one as this turns out to be. Gosh, you are one very busy & giving lady, and I bet you are exhausted at day's end. Hope the twins are thriving daily, and that your DD is able to get some rest too. How lucky she is to have a sweet Mom who can give so much help just now. Yay for you at being a Rudy GD, and this delightful card just sparkles with the bright colors and snowflakes. Love the tartan border, looks terrific with the punched edge design. It's such a cute Santa and Sleigh and the strings of Christmas lights -such pretty dp. Nice layout as well. TFS & Hugs. Hope you find some rest time!

flossbite said...

Wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty HazelNuts Christmas Challenge Extra this month. Good Luck!
Fiona xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I think I'm tired of reading about all the running around and moving you've done. This is a fun card with great papers. Very fun and festive!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Sweet card, Donna! I've always been fascinated with snow globes! You have been a busy bee - when I worked I had no time for crafting or blogging so you are a dynamo in my book!

Mandy LaCroix said...

Oh I love that plaid! :) Great card! :)
Thanks for sharing it over at Christmas Card Challenges!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...