Monday, October 17, 2016

Unforgettable

I got to hold Arthur last night for the very first time. And today I held Valerie for the first time. None of my children were this tiny. And some of the babies in the nursery would make 2 or 3 of little Valerie. She is finally back up to her birth weight of 3lbs 13oz. She is all arms and legs. Arthur is a little more filled out than Valerie so he doesn't look quite like he's all arms and legs.  But he still is fairly tiny.
It seems like forever since I made a card. It took me two days to finish this one but it felt good to be creating something again.


This card is for my youngest son who will turn 28 near the end of the month. I really wanted to try this technique that I learned at Jennifer McGuire's blog. She called it Coordinating Die Masking. Check out this technique is was so fun to do and created two cards for the price of one. (Matching card coming soon, I hope!) I used WPlus9's Unforgettable stamp set. I just love these little elephants. I think they are adorable. And since there were three elephants in the set it made the creation of the card a bit faster. I used Momento London Fog and then used a heart from Simon Says Watt's Up stamp set in MFT Cherry Crisp ink to create some background interest. I backed it with red card stock and added the sentiment (from the Unforgettable stamp set) embossed on vellum and fastened to the card by two red heart brads. I think it turned out so cool. You really should check out Jennifer's technique.
I am entering these challenges:

That's it for me tonight. I am ready for bed. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful week!

Donna

6 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Thrilled to hear you held the babies. What joy!!!! I will have to try the technique and watch how to do it. Your son loves elephants....very cool! Love your card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your card- and will have to go check out the tutorial : ) Awwww, so fun that you got to hod the babies! They will be home and in to stuff sooner than you believe from what it sounds like : ) So glad they are closeby- will keep you all in prayers

Borqna said...

Lovely card - congratulations!
Thank you for your visiting in my blog!
Good luck!

Jolanda's Blog said...

Gorgeous card!! Thanks for joining our challenge at Inspiration Destination Good luck!!
Jolanda
(DT member

Pam said...

Yipppeeee, I am so happy that you were able to hold Arthur and Valerie!!!! How thrilled you must be. It is wonderful isn't it?! Enjoy those little sweeties.
Your card is so sweet and I love the cute little elephants.
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Nancy said...

I adore this card...and love elephants! I will check out the video so thanks for the link! Always like trying new techniques. I am so glad to hear that the twins are improving! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...