Monday, November 7, 2016

Mitten Wreath

Happy Monday! My hubby and I spent some time last night with the twins to give their Mom a break so she could shower, eat and relax. Of course we loved it! I haven't heard how their first night went with the twins both being home. Maybe they are sleeping in as much as possible.
I made a Christmas card yesterday that I didn't get posted. I had a couple challenges in mind when making this one.

I used the Simon Says Big Holiday Wishes stamp set which I don't think is available anymore. I stamped the mittens in a wreath pattern after stamping the sentiment in the middle. It actually took me three tries to get this right. I made a few mistakes along the way. I added the heart stamp at the end and used my Wink of Stella pen to give it some shine. To finish it off I added a Gina Marie Designs Bow and Ribbon die cut. The ink colors were MFT Cherry Crisp and Elf Green and Mustard Seed, Salty Ocean and Seedless Preserves distress ink.
I am entering these challenges:

It's almost lunchtime and so I am coming to a close. It's still hard for me to believe I am retired. The days feel strange that I am home so much more. The laundry and the dishes are getting done. Dinner is getting made on time and every day I try to do one little project that I've been putting off for too long (sewing on buttons, shredding old documents, etc.) and it feels good to cross things off my list. I am so blessed. I hope you have an amazing week!

Donna

7 comments:

Marsha said...

Cute idea making the wreath. Really like that die cut too!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I LOVE this! And, there is another die from Gina Marie....I see spending some money in the future on her dies, but the 2 I want now are sold out...bummer. This image is adorable. I can't believe you stamped each one...mine would have not ended up in a circle...haha This is a very happy card that made me smile. Kudos to you for finding more time to help with the twins.

Debbie said...

So pretty! I love your mitten wreath!!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Wonderful card Donna thank you for joining us over on
Inspiration Destination
Dianne xx
IDCB DT

Beccy said...

I am so happy to hear that Arthur is home from the hospital now too, Donna, your family must be thrilled! I'm sure those beautiful babies will thrive with all the love they're sure to receive.
Your card is fabulous... I love the way you've stamped the mittens in all those wonderful colours to form a wreath. That's clever thinking. The sentiment is a great match for the images. Well done!
Cheers,
Beccy

Creative world said...

Awesome idea and beautiful mitten wreath....Thank you for joining us at ATSM challenge this week
Zeljka DT xo

Tanja said...

adorable idea - thanks for sharing your creation at Addicted to Stamps and More

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...