Friday, September 1, 2017

September 12 Months of Christmas Challenge

Welcome to a new challenge at the 12 Months of Christmas. I am away on vacation so this may get edited if I am able to access the Internet at some point. For all the specifics on the challenge, please check the 12 Months of Christmas web site. But you can submit any Christmas cards to the challenge. Our optional theme is photo inspiration. Use this photo for making your card. Anything in the picture can inspire you.

Our awesome sponsor this month is Sparkle and Sprinkle. Our second sponsor is Decosse's Dynamite Doodles. The paper created for this month's challenge looks like this.


I used the Sparkle & Sprinkle Brighten the Holidays Penguins:


And here is my card:

One of my favorite things at Christmas is all the lights. So I used the lights on the Christmas tree as inspiration for my card. I used the pre-colored image and sentiment from the set. I used the Sketch Saturday sketch as inspiration also. I used two different papers: the striped paper from the above set and the lights paper from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles Eclectic Christmas 2 Papers.


I hope you will play along this month and join the 12 Month's of Christmas challenge. Why not get those Christmas cards going! Thanks for stopping by today. Have a wonderful weekend!
I am entering these challenges:

Donna



6 comments:

Pat said...

Donna, I just love the way you designed your holiday card this month. The panels of Lisa's papers look awesome as a background to your image.

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, your card is adorable. Hope you have a wonderful vacation.

Donna Ellis said...

What a great use of the penguins and the inspiration photo, Donna! I love that you picked up on the colors and made a fabulously "well lit" background! So festive. So glad I got to see your critter project showcased at the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge. Thanks for supporting us, and we hope to see more of your pretty creations in the future. Please check back to see if you are a winner or our next guest designer. Sending you wishes for a wonderful day!
Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Glenda Atkins said...

Neat card, fun and happy, those penguins are having a great time. Well done my friend!
hugs
Glenda

Shelly Schmidt said...

Your fun image is so cute! Love the lights in the background. You sure have a knack for putting together the images and the DP. I hope you are unwinding and having a fab time!

wannabcre8tive said...

A wonderful Christmas card. I love the cute penguins and your background of Christmas lights.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...