Sunday, November 26, 2017

Day 27 - the letter X

Well, the day has finally arrived for the letter X. I thought a lot about this one. The obvious would be Xmas but I was never a fan of using it. Since I started my research on X I found that the X in Greek stands for Christ so it's a perfect legitimate substitution for Christmas. But I still wasn't satisfied with that so I started looking around. I found that one of my Christmas stamps from Simon Says Stamps had Xs and Os as the theme so that's the direction I took for X.


This is a retired stamp set (Big Holiday Wishes) from Simon Says Stamps. It was one of their kit stamp sets. The Xs and Os and the sentiment are from that set. I was going to leave it really CAS and maybe add some sequins but then I got this bright idea to maybe add a stencil in the background. So I chose the MFT One Way Chevron stencil and when I started to ink it up with Tumbled Glass distress Ink it reminded me of a Christmas tree. And then I thought I should decorate the tree, so I pulled out the MFT Happy Pawlidays set and stamped and colored a bunch of ornaments. The star is die cut from Gina Marie Designs Cross Stitch Rectangles, die cut 4 times and stacked on top of each other. The sentiment is die cut with MFT Pierced Fishtail Flags. The star is coated with Dimensional Magic and the ornaments have Wink if Stella. So Xs and Os to you all! I am entering these challenges"

Thanks for stopping by to check out my X day card. Hoping for some crafty time this evening after dinner. Hope the start to your new week is awesome!

Donna

13 comments:

NanaConnie said...

Very clever, Donna! I love the hugs and kisses idea. I'm with you on not using "Xmas." I've heard all the discussions about translating the Greek X as Christ but I also remember the modern day push toward using Xmas to take Christ out of Christmas and pretend it's a completely secular holiday. I personally disagree with that idea so I don't use it for any reason. :-D

Kathleen said...

I also never use Xmas, no reason why but I would have used it in the word exciting but do not really know what the rules of this challenge was , just saying.
Lovey images and a great design.

Kath x

Suzanne H said...

How cute your X & O card is. I thought of using XO but couldn't come up with an idea. Yours is the best!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Those little ornies are the cutest! I love the colors, placement and the 'lil highlight you added.

Beccy said...

Clever you! I love the idea of adding X's and O's to a Christmas card, especially those we're sending to our loved ones. The sentiment you added is fabulous and works perfectly with the kisses and hugs. I love all the pretty coloured baubles and the little star at the top of the "tree". Great job Donna.
Cheers,
Beccy

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Donna, you did an Xtra special job with the letter X. Love it!

Jenny L said...

Hi Donna,
Happy Rudolf Days.
what a very wonderful card and a super design too.
Thanks for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, this is beautiful. Love what you did with this.

Whisper said...

Oooo what a great take on the sketch and a fabby Xmas card too, thanks for joining us at November Rudolph Days Challenge, Luv Sam x

Kathyk said...

Such a fun entry for this months Rudolph Day challenge

Kathyk - GUEST Design Team Member

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great card with all those baubles and hugs and kisses. They go great with the sentiment.

scrappymo! said...

Great take on the theme of letter X. Your card is cute and so modern. I like the modern feel of it!

Thanks for taking part in the November Rudolph Days Challenge.

Pam said...

Very cute Christmas card! Love the sentiment!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...